RLC rear tire carrier / swing out / jerry can / custom fab bumper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LIght cutouts for a amber/red/white combo light is a good idea . . .
Congratulations. 2 things you may want to ask about:

1) Gas struts instead of the T-Handle latches

2) If you tow, this is where I relocated my trailer hitch. Easier to have him cut and install when he builds

I placed my deposit probably 2 hours ago...is it best to wait until closer to completion date to request these features or is it time sensitive?

I placed my deposit probably 2 hours ago...is it best to wait until closer to completion date to request these features or is it time sensitive?
work through what you need with him as early as possible in case it takes a few replies

The trailer harness hole is pretty easy. I just used a metal hole saw and some cutting fluid, maybe 15 minutes and it was done.

Mollom Heavy Duty Carbide Hole Saw, Hole Cutter cuts Stainless Steel, mild Steel, Iron, Copper, Brass, Plastic (2'' 51mm ) https://a.co/d/jdIbU6g

Will do!

I sent the requests to James. Thank you all for your help!
Yep same boat here. I've already broken 2 of the T-pins over the years. 1 is just missing at this point so my tire side arm doesn't lock open at all. I'd love a clean simple strut setup I could retrofit mine with

Thank you all for the recommendations - James is going to cut out the 7 way for me.

On the gas struts here was his update:

"We were going to try for gas struts but it looks like my swingouts are too close to the top of the bumper to make them work. We did make the t handles work a bit better though"

Thank you all for the recommendations - James is going to cut out the 7 way for me.

On the gas struts here was his update:

"We were going to try for gas struts but it looks like my swingouts are too close to the top of the bumper to make them work. We did make the t handles work a bit better though"

I think there's a creative option likely available, but it's too damn cold right now for me to mock something up in the garage. I might try order a few inexpensive gas strut options from amazon in the spring and see if I can make something work

Something like this attached to the top of the bumper and the inside part of the swingarm might work so long as there's clearance between the swingout arm and the lower tailgate when everything is closed. However clearance might be tight as you wouldn't want the tailgate to contact the top of the strut when it's lowered

Anyway it's essentially what the Slee design uses, I'm just imagining the end that connects to the arm to be rotated 90* and mounted into/through the arm rather than to a plate welded to the bottom like their design uses.

sok1326-5.jpg

I think there's a creative option likely available, but it's too damn cold right now for me to mock something up in the garage. I might try order a few inexpensive gas strut options from amazon in the spring and see if I can make something work

Something like this attached to the top of the bumper and the inside part of the swingarm might work so long as there's clearance between the swingout arm and the lower tailgate when everything is closed. However clearance might be tight as you wouldn't want the tailgate to contact the top of the strut when it's lowered

Anyway it's essentially what the Slee design uses, I'm just imagining the end that connects to the arm to be rotated 90* and mounted into/through the arm rather than to a plate welded to the bottom like their design uses.

sok1326-5.jpg

Also essentially same setup at Dissent. The dissent has two mounting holes on the arms because at one point they switch suppliers and dimentions on struts where different—but you can also move around the limiting stops to allow the arm to open wider.

Does any one have a preferred vendor for the Roadvision BR200LRARW lights? Not seeing it on @TRAIL TAILOR site.
I bought mine last year from outbackequipment.com.au. They arrived in 2 weeks and cost less than buying in the US, even when paying international shipping rates (exchange rate is currently 0.69). Not knocking TT as if they have them in stock it’s convenient but if you can wait or if they’re out of stock the above works out ok.

Does any one have a preferred vendor for the Roadvision BR200LRARW lights? Not seeing it on @TRAIL TAILOR site.
I bought them from eBay from an Australian seller.

I bought mine last year from outbackequipment.com.au. They arrived in 2 weeks and cost less than buying in the US, even when paying international shipping rates (exchange rate is currently 0.69). Not knocking TT as if they have them in stock it’s convenient but if you can wait or if they’re out of stock the above works out ok.
I bought them from eBay from an Australian seller.

Awesome thanks guys. Just ordered through Ebay - says Mar. 14 is latest

No knock at all... BUT.......... Verify they are true Roadvision. MANY Chinese clones all with "roadvision" in description (most from AU sellers) Unless bought from Roadvision or Roadvision authorized seller.. They are not Roadvision.

No knock at all... BUT.......... Verify they are true Roadvision. MANY Chinese clones all with "roadvision" in description (most from AU sellers) Unless bought from Roadvision or Roadvision authorized seller.. They are not Roadvision.
Good call. Mine were real (or possibly amazing knockoffs), but if you’re buying from Australia if something isn’t right you’re probably eating the cost.

If anyone does buy the Roadvision lights, I recommend running a bead of quality silicone caulk around the edge where the lens and backing mate, and also applying a liberal coating around where the wires enter the backing plate. I know a few people had issues with moisture in the lights but I did the above and so far after 10 months mine still look ok

Good call. Mine were real (or possibly amazing knockoffs), but if you’re buying from Australia if something isn’t right you’re probably eating the cost.

I was buying from RoadVision and supplying two other bumper builders here as well. 30-100 sets at a time. Full warranty and never had an issue with damage or faulty lights.

If anyone does buy the Roadvision lights, I recommend running a bead of quality silicone caulk around the edge where the lens and backing mate, and also applying a liberal coating around where the wires enter the backing plate. I know a few people had issues with moisture in the lights but I did the above and so far after 10 months mine still look ok

Chinesium lights. RoadVisions are sealed.

Have a molded rubber gasket and each light has a 5 pin screw together connector.

I was buying from RoadVision and supplying two other bumper builders here as well. 30-100 sets at a time. Full warranty and never had an issue with damage or faulty lights.
That’s good to hear. Like a lot of stuff on the forum, the problems probably get reported a lot more often than is statistically happening. Or perhaps there was just a bad batch of lights. Or a good set of fakes people were getting.

The ones I bought came in Roadvision packaging, and I’d recommend them. Certainly could get a knockoff set but I’ve bought a couple things from this site and had good luck each time.

I saw some eBay sets but passed on those for the same knock-off and hard-to-return concerns. It’s amazing how many knock offs pop up for aftermarket and LED lights.

That’s good to hear. Like a lot of stuff on the forum, the problems probably get reported a lot more often than is statistically happening. Or perhaps there was just a bad batch of lights. Or a good set of fakes people were getting.

The ones I bought came in Roadvision packaging, and I’d recommend them. Certainly could get a knockoff set but I’ve bought a couple things from this site and had good luck each time.

I saw some eBay sets but passed on those for the same knock-off and hard-to-return concerns. It’s amazing how many knock offs pop up for aftermarket and LED lights.

YEP, if China can copy it they will, especially if it was manufactured there to begin with.

Reports of Baja Design Squadron Pros/Sport pods, LP9s and bars now too along with Diode Dynamics and Rigid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom