Massive dilemma LX600 F sport or Keep the 21 Heritage edition (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In your shoes I’d pass on this one coming in (the dealer isn’t going to be upset) and wait for the 600’s to really trickle in over the next year or so and reassess.

Not sure if you’ve done any nationwide searches for Heritage Editions lately but they’re nearly non-existent. It’s going to be one of those vehicles that will be tough to buy again down the road.
Yes, I have and there are only a handful of HE available and they are very expensive…I am keeping to the plan of let her drive it and she can make the decision. I have to say, I am a bit surprised at how many people said to go LX. I think I will push to keep the LC but we shall see…

Just like in the real world, there are more LX owners here in the 200 Series subforum so I am not surprised by those in favor of the new platform.

Just like in the real world, there are more LX owners here in the 200 Series subforum so I am not surprised by those in favor of the new platform.
I’m not convinced the number of LX570 owners has anything to do with recommending the 300 series platform. The LX570 and LC200 have a lot more in common than the LX570 and LX600 do.

I’m not convinced the number of LX570 owners has anything to do with recommending the 300 series platform. The LX570 and LC200 have a lot more in common than the LX570 and LX600 do.

I don't think its the commonalities between the vehicles per se... but the differences in buying demographic of the two badges.

I am fully aware of that, but it feels like we have a much larger LX fanboy club here than we do those with the 200 Series Cruiser. If nothing else, they seem to have a much more vocal praise for why they prefer the LX than the other way around. I am curious how many here full on recommending the LX600 have even driven one!?

Last edited:
Best move here is get rid of the 392 and take delivery of the lx600.

I traded my 19 Lc200 for a 22 Raptor. I spend more time on this forum than the raptor forum. I miss the lc200 so much that I’m on autotrader every night looking for the perfect one to trade in on. You’ll regret getting rid of the 200.

I don't think its the commonalities between the vehicles per se... but the differences in buying demographic of the two badges.
I’ve gotten the impression that a high percentage of owners here bought their 200 series (both LX and LC) used, so the typical Toyota vs Lexus demographic differences may not apply. I had previously purchased a 2006 LX470 new, but only because I couldn’t find a Land Cruiser to buy. But there were some upsides to going with the Lexus in that the warranty was slightly better, it had AHC which made it easier for my short & elderly mom, the interior was a bit nicer, loaner cars were offered when in for service, etc. for only slightly more than a Land Cruiser would have cost.

Last edited:
Best move here is get rid of the 392 and take delivery of the lx600.

I traded my 19 Lc200 for a 22 Raptor. I spend more time on this forum than the raptor forum. I miss the lc200 so much that I’m on autotrader every night looking for the perfect one to trade in on. You’ll regret getting rid of the 200.
I unloaded a regular rubicon and a 2019 200 series to buy the HE. My wife said i got rid of her fun car, so hence i bought the 392. It’s one of 13 in the US and I have to say that thing is bad ass! I agree, if we buy the LX I will miss the HE. I have owned 7 Land Cruiser, 3 FJ 40s, 4 200 series and I love them, understated reliable go through anything and hold the value. We shall see…. But selling this is not an option…

E036E6A3-3A20-4EC0-8E15-8B733AE061D0.jpeg

LX owners have to be vocal either to justify their choice or because it's thought of as "less than" when in reality it's just missing a 60 year nameplate in most cases.

I serviced my LX and when it was done they parked it next to a 600. I love the sharp front styling. Rear is stupid and why put the "L E X U S" script everybody is doing that. Telluride, pathfinder, almost every carmaker is spelling out their s*** on the back. It's for Range Rover and Porsche. It was cool to see Kia do it. Lexus has brand cachet they're throwing away their signature "L" for that garbage.

The interior is actually smaller. And if I wanted a cockpit I'd buy an LC500 or from an SUV a Cayenne. They made it lighter too and they can't jack up the price using nicer bits so that means it will feel more like the new GX.

I'm not hating the 300 I am disappointed in the extreme. And having said all of that, I will probably buy one in the future. But if you think it will be replacing a 200 in the fleet you must be smoking some Heisman Walter White s***.

LX owners have to be vocal either to justify their choice or because it's thought of as "less than" when in reality it's just missing a 60 year nameplate in most cases.

I serviced my LX and when it was done they parked it next to a 600. I love the sharp front styling. Rear is stupid and why put the "L E X U S" script everybody is doing that. Telluride, pathfinder, almost every carmaker is spelling out their s*** on the back. It's for Range Rover and Porsche. It was cool to see Kia do it. Lexus has brand cachet they're throwing away their signature "L" for that garbage.

The interior is actually smaller. And if I wanted a cockpit I'd buy an LC500 or from an SUV a Cayenne. They made it lighter too and they can't jack up the price using nicer bits so that means it will feel more like the new GX.

I'm not hating the 300 I am disappointed in the extreme. And having said all of that, I will probably buy one in the future. But if you think it will be replacing a 200 in the fleet you must be smoking some Heisman Walter White s***.

It's nice to see that someone else here gets it haha.

I’ve gotten the impression that a high percentage of owners here bought their 200 series (both LX and LC) used, so the typical Toyota vs Lexus demographic differences may not apply. I had previously purchased a 2006 LX470 new, but only because I couldn’t find a Land Cruiser to buy.
Can't speak for others but I, for one, bought my LC200 new. Contemplated the LX, but was simply too drawn to the heritage of the LC badge. It helped that my father owned an FJ back in the 1980s!

Can't speak for others but I, for one, bought my LC200 new. Contemplated the LX, but was simply too drawn to the heritage of the LC badge. It helped that my father owned an FJ back in the 1980s!
Same here, got mine with 8 miles on the odometer. Contemplated the LX, but couldn't get one that I liked anywhere in stock. Plus, the haircut from driving it off the lot, and overall depreciation, tends to be lower on the LC vs the LX.

Personally, i find the LX570 to be much better looking than the new LX600, esp when LX570 has those 21” rims. (Yes, i know that 21” are not ideal…but damnit, they look good on LX570!)

What differences in demographics do you see between the Land Cruiser and LX version?
I don't think I see more LXs in Colorado than Land Cruisers.
But, I do think that people in CO buy SUVs for different reasons than many other parts of the country and there is potentially more stealth wealth in Colorado than other states.

If you keep the 200- install a Long Range America AUX fuel tank get 12.5 gallons and keep spare underneath

What differences in demographics do you see between the Land Cruiser and LX version?
I don't think I see more LXs in Colorado than Land Cruisers.
But, I do think that people in CO buy SUVs for different reasons than many other parts of the country and there is potentially more stealth wealth in Colorado than other states.

Varies by the region and use case, but to start with the differences in badges up front. Some don't wan't to be seen in a flashy marque, for others Lexus may not be considered flashy at all. Then there's the individual needs - some may want the height adjustible suspension, others may look at it as just another point of failure. Then there's the perceived value, particularly on a used market - in terms of outright tech, the LX offers more for the money, but it may not be what one is seeking. There's also name heritage, which obviously favors the Land Cruiser and carries a premium to some. Etc.

Here's one owners take:

Varies by the region and use case, but to start with the differences in badges up front. Some don't wan't to be seen in a flashy marque, for others Lexus may not be considered flashy at all.

This is us, not so much the Lexus badge in general, but the LX570 we used to own was just too wild in terms of appearance and styling for our personalities, more so my wife's than mine. She was also tired of the comments at work about what she was driving, personally I couldn't care less what others think or say, let them talk lol.

Then there's the individual needs - some may want the height adjustible suspension, others may look at it as just another point of failure.

I wasn't an AHC hater but I wasn't a super fan like some here and for the long term I much prefer a suspension system that I can change and adapt to my needs as I see fit. The globes are a mild concern in the long run but overall the durability of the system wasn't an issue.

Then there's the perceived value, particularly on a used market - in terms of outright tech, the LX offers more for the money, but it may not be what one is seeking.

Is the Lexus more luxurious, yes, but not by much. That said, their market value is lower due to simple supply and demand. In comparison to the Land Cruiser, the LX market is saturated and therefor their resale value is lower. This is a good thing if you're a buyer but not ideal as a seller.

There's also name heritage, which obviously favors the Land Cruiser and carries a premium to some. Etc.

We've owned other series Land Cruisers in the past, we love the badge, the icon, the history, etc. and that makes the Land Cruiser slightly more appealing and valuable in our eyes. At the end of the day there's only a slight difference between the two but to us the Land Cruiser will always be more appealing and slightly more special. It's an individual thing and honestly that's all that matters, if the LX gets the nod in your book then rock on because it's just a fancier Land Cruiser in my eyes.

I have a 2016 LC and a 2022 LX600. They are different and both nice vehicles. Fanboys on either side are dumb. The LX600 haters, overwhelmingly, haven’t driven one and likely haven’t seen one in person.

If you made me pick, I’d go with my 200, which I’ll probably keep for a long time. That doesn’t discount the quality of the LX600, which is very comfortable and capable. And better than our BMW X7, which has developed some weird admiration over on the 300 forum.

I have a 2016 LC and a 2022 LX600. They are different and both nice vehicles. Fanboys on either side are dumb. The LX600 haters, overwhelmingly, haven’t driven one and likely haven’t seen one in person.

If you made me pick, I’d go with my 200, which I’ll probably keep for a long time. That doesn’t discount the quality of the LX600, which is very comfortable and capable. And better than our BMW X7, which has developed some weird admiration over on the 300 forum.
I would agree with everything, but not the "Fanboys on either side are dumb". To each their own and I think it acceptable to have their preference.
My preference is the Land Cruiser for the name and heritage and I really didn't want the Lexus badge and attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom