Interior Switch and Knobs Not Matching - OCD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, I'm in the process of cleaning up my dash in preps for a new generic wiring harness install. I am working on welding in patches for abandoned holes while trying to figure out what pull switches to retain. My FJ was a true Frankenstein when I got it, very non-original. For example it has a GM column, GM headlight switch, and the wipers were run off a 2nd heater switch.

--- When I search google, it appears that the early original wiper and headlight switches were a slightly different style than these. I was really hoping I could find a similar switch with a "W" for my wipers, does that exist?

--- Did the original switch knob styles just not "match" for the early FJ's?
(by match I'm expecting they'd standoff the dash the same distance, stick to either lettering or a logo, same diameter/style, same trim ring, etc)

--- Is there a clean and economical way of getting all matches knobs and switches to at least keep that look? Any place in specific you'd recommend? (sorry to the purists, but I am totally ok going non-OEM, just would like a set that matches. The wiring kit is for a GM style headlight switch, which is slightly biasing me towards a non toyota set anyways)

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Here's the OEM switches I have....
Switches.jpg

what year?
you have a few holes to fill
maybe this link will help you:

what year?
you have a few holes to fill
maybe this link will help you:

Mine is a '67. I will checkout that link. It kind of looks like the later FJ style knobs are more similiar to themselves than the early ones.

Apparently this is proof I have some OCD.

I searched the other thread, and very few pictures had the knob type I have. But it did answer my question that apparently they came with mismatched knobs, and there was no such one as "W" to match the ones I have for wiper.

I am thinking I'll just switch all the knobs and switches out to the later model ones so they can all match.

This style dash matches my style (with the 3 horizontal lines)

Another one with the same knobs but not my dash style.
Picture%20028.jpg

1675036772940.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom