Absolute Wits End (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know how to get a hold of these guys? I placed an order 10 days ago and ive emailed, called, created an account and messaged directly and I cannot get a response. I ordered a leak kit for my 80 and i wanted to be able to install the new parts mid next week. Order says "awaiting fullfillment." I just want to know if they have the parts or not so i can source them elsewhere if need be.

If you go to the classifieds tab, and scroll down to "bad sellers" you will find 8 or 10 threads you can browse.

I don't own an 80, and have never bought anything from Wit's End / Joey, but my take is: if you 'want cool / innovative stuff and can wait' he's your guy, if you 'need parts in stock and in your hands ASAP' or 'want an idea of the status of your order' he's not.

People who know this going in tend to be happy, those who don't can be tripped up and get upset (justifiably IMO).

Good luck is all I can say. I was a loyal customer for years purchasing misc. crap for my 80. After the BS I put up with trying to communicate with Joey about a turbo order I am done with him. January of this year I asked for a refund of my $6k I gave him in August of 2020 and to date, he still owes me over 2k and has ignored every email, phone call, text, DM, post on facebook, or SNAP. As mentioned above, there are many other high quality vendors that actually know how to run a business listed in classifieds

I made an order off his website a few days ago for the basic connector pin tool and the product showed "Not Currently for Sale" right after I made the purchase. I thought that was odd but I am going to give Joey a chance to fulfill this order because I am only a few days in and have ordered his stuff before without any issue in the past. I did get an newsletter type email from wits end saying they are going to be moving so maybe they are tied up with that?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get a hold of these guys? I placed an order 10 days ago and ive emailed, called, created an account and messaged directly and I cannot get a response. I ordered a leak kit for my 80 and i wanted to be able to install the new parts mid next week. Order says "awaiting fullfillment." I just want to know if they have the parts or not so i can source them elsewhere if need be.
They are in the middle of moving from Medford to another town in Oregon. I understand frustration but let's remember @NLXTACY (Joey) is one guy. This isn't a giant company.

This is my home town-ish. They are just crazy with life changes right now. Im not posting any inside info (that I have any) but here:

Wits' End is Moving...Again. Ugh.

The last thing we expected was to move again

A couple months ago the new owners of the property we were leasing let us know that when it was time to renew our lease (12/31/22) that they were increasing the rent. We did NOT expect them to double it. I said nothing to them but in my head it was a loud “F YOU!”

It took some effort but my wife and I eventually found a building that was literally the other side of the airport from us. Barely two miles away and crossing city lines into Central Point. We reached an agreement to lease for five years and purchasing the building at the end of the lease. It was the only way that made sense. Anything and everything we saved for is now all going into the build out of the new building.

This move is important in a lot of ways. Although it was 100% not expected/planned, it’s an opportunity to finally take that next step with Wits’ End. The new building is more than 10k sq. ft. with a total land size of 1.75 acres. PLENTY of room to expand in the future. There is a lot to detail but I will keep those as social media posts.

Every single night and weekend after I’m done with Wits’ End Medford I’ve been over at the new building doing as much as I can. Honestly its why I have been so utterly unresponsive to texts/emails/phone calls. I just haven’t had the time. I have a critical deadline of 12/31 and we MUST move. So my apologies to anyone trying to get ahold of me but I gotta get my family and business moved.

Wits’ End will be expanding into new territory this next coming year and with it some new faces will jumping on board to help make that happen. I wish I wasn’t doing this but now that I am its a total opportunity for growth. Nervous, vomit inducing growth.

And don’t worry, the newsletter you were expecting for Thanksgiving is coming up next.

🍺

-Joey

joey.jpg

Never had a problem, always love the product.

I made an order off his website a few days ago for the basic connector pin tool and the product showed "Not Currently for Sale" right after I made the purchase. I thought that was odd but I am going to give Joey a chance to fulfill this order because I am only a few days in and have ordered his stuff before without any issue in the past. I did get an newsletter type email from wits end saying they are going to be moving so maybe they are tied up with that?

My order came in yesterday. Just wanted to update my previous post. My take on wits end is that you WILL get your order but expect possible delay, especially for the custom stuff. It is a really nice tool, even nicer handle than the Toyota SST tools.

tool.JPG

Every time this subject comes up with Wits end its always the same book. Multiple , multiple times. No response from Joey, No communication from Wits end. See him posting in other threads but no response to customer. Always several members making excuses for him or his Company. Always a reason for why he doesn't communicate.

How about bottom line, don't take customers money if you not going to follow up with communication. If your to busy because your moving or whatever other reason you have then put up a big notice on your website that your moving and you won't be following up with orders till your finished. Not that hard unless you trying to move and run you business off of someone else money. Seems like I remember @LandCruiserPhil having a shop issue and he shut down and didn't take orders till he was back and ready.

Bottom line is there are enough threads on this that it should be buyer beware on his products. If you want to give someone your money and let them get back whenever they feel like it then Wits end is you kind of place. Personally I find other places to spend my money that are responsive to my orders.

This is also speaking from experience as I tried 3 different times over multiple years before I learned my lesson

Seems like I remember @LandCruiserPhil having a shop issue and he shut down and didn't take orders till he was back and ready.

It is EZ to close down when it does not put food on the table.

Wits puts food on Joeys table and I'm sure he is taking advantage of every minute available to make you guys happy. Cut the guy some slack or go elsewhere. Running a small business is only easy if you have never done it.

I've run several small business my entire life and no matter what the reason, no matter what the cause, no mater anything you can come up with for an excuse. The absolute number 1 truth is staying responsive to your customers is the most important thing. All you have to do is answer the phone, email. or text with the truth and customers are happy. I know of nobody that has every been happy with being ignored.

You can say cut him some slack and thats your choice. Bottom line is don't take money if your not interested in following up with product and communication.

If you read through all the many post and threads on problems with Wits end, it not about quality, ingenuity , or reliability of product. Its always about lack of response to the customer. All people are looking for is someone to treat them with respect and disappearing with someones money for extended periods of time is not respect.

Im also not sure why suggesting that someone is "feeding there family" gives them a pass.

THIS^^^^^^^

I wish I had read this thread before ordering. Wits has been ghosting me for several weeks now with ZERO correspondence. All he would have to do is get back to me and tell me he is re-shipping and to expect it in a month. But NOTHING. So bad. Now everyone will be at their WitsEnd dealing with this #$%#.

I realize the mistake is UPS, as the package was damaged and parts fell out. But this was $100 of a nearly $300 order that I did not receive. I only received an empty damaged box. WitsEnd needs to take care of these customers service items, no matter the size of the business. Joey offers a great selection of products at a good price, but he cannot expect me to eat $100 just because he is too busy to get back to me. I could have ordered for same price from UAE, but thought I'd give business to a "local".

And when I try to call... can't even leave a message due to "mailbox full". ZERO response to contact thru his site. Frustrating for sure.

This guy always has an excuse. Guess what..s*** happens in life and when you are a one man show with a small business the ego the size of Trump you better be prepared for the s*** storm. I love his analogy that he has 36,000 sales with all happy customers and only a handful of complaints. I could sell 36,000 buttons online and also 30 custom one off items that are delayed 6 months-1 year. I never get back to those other 30 customers but I should be able to claim stellar service because I sold 36,000 buttons to happy customers! Those other 30 I ghosted which account for .0000001 percent have no right to talk s***!

Hello, I am new to this forum, I am writing to tell you about my bad experience with wits-end, I made two purchases and they never arrived, they did not answer messages or calls, I had to go to VISA and put chargebacks to get my money back, this man and his company with a scam.

If you want to give someone your money and let them get back whenever they feel like it then Wits end is you kind of place.
If it's peerless stuff I can't get elsewhere, and I don't need it to make my truck run--I'm good with that.
:smokin:

The Mods should make this a sticky on the 80 and 100 series forums to get the word out on this bad seller..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom