Tire recommendations for 99% on road driving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know what other people say. I only know about my own personal experience with them, and wet weather performance has been stellar. Snow and ice performance has been down right unbelievable. I think I ran my last set for 85,000 miles, and they could have easily and safely gone for another 10-15k.
Wow! That’s incredible

I thought that was everyone's biggest gripe with KO2s - wet performance.

Either way KO2s are overkill for 99% road driving IMO. Michelins or any competitive all weather SUV tire would be a better bet.

A buddy of mine just put these on his Cayenne and likes them - Buy Light Truck Tires - All-Terrain Traction | BFGoodrich Tires - https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/auto/browse-tires/by-category/light-truck-suv-cuv
- more road orientated version of the KO2
- quieter
- lighter
- still ice/snow rated

maybe worth a look
Not a bad price either

Michelin AT2's on both my trucks. Great on the highway and good traction when you leave the pavement or in the winter. They will last 80-90k easily. I am on the second set of them on each truck. Very happy.

I have had three sets of Michelin LTX M/S on my 1999 LC. My first set was new when I bought my LC in 2006, at 52k miles. Those lasted 116k miles (to 168k miles) before I replaced them with some Yokohamas because they were like $200 cheaper for the set. The problem with that is they only lasted about 50k+ miles. So somewhere around 220k miles, I bought another set of LTX M/S, and other than a puncture which made me replace them, they lasted 109k miles. The LTX M/S that are currently on there were new at around 329-330k miles, then my brake booster failed at 337k miles, when I parked her for a while. They are still on there now, and look fine. So when I finish the process of getting her back on the road, I'll drive these for a while, I think.

i like the cooper at3, very mild at and has a winter rating. my 80 when i bought it had the bridgstone revo 2, wasnt bad for a more street oriented at tire

I’m running 275/70/18 KO2 and is consider switching to the same size General Grabber ATX in an SL load. Ko2 weigh 57lbs per tire while the ATX is about 45lbs. I commute now so going back to ăn SL tire would be more comfortable and get better fuel economy

I'm trying to think of another brand to recommend... kidding. I love my KO2s. I'm on my 3rd set on this truck - getting around 55,000 miles with a 4-tire rotation. I've had 5 or 6 sets and have no complaints. I think they're perfectly quiet and smooth. I'm sure there are quieter, smoother tires. But you didn't buy a Camry did you. You bought a 100 Series. It's heavy, slow and handles like it's heavy and slow. At least let it look like a 100 Series ;)

Garnet.png

I'm trying to think of another brand to recommend... kidding. I love my KO2s. I'm on my 3rd set on this truck - getting around 55,000 miles with a 4-tire rotation. I've had 5 or 6 sets and have no complaints. I think they're perfectly quiet and smooth. I'm sure there are quieter, smoother tires. But you didn't buy a Camry did you. You bought a 100 Series. It's heavy, slow and handles like it's heavy and slow. At least let it look like a 100 Series ;)

View attachment 3253654

Same here - I just hit 50k miles on my 275/70/18 KO2's and I'm replacing the set with the same tire before they're discontinued. Great tire overall!

I always come back to Michelin. My kids have LtX Defenders and I ran LTX AT2s on my Tundra. Those AT2s are no joke, they do not look aggressive but all I know is that in an emergemcy I had to drive through a river up a wet embankment without any tire slippage. The guy with me had just made fun of my tires, and then he said ummm I will shut up know. I also got 80k mikes out of them, and quiet on the highway.

Michelin Defender LTX. Look no further. Worth every penny.

Looking for recommendations on tires. Won’t be doing any rock crawling or extreme off roading. I live in the Midwest, so I’d like a tire that will perform well during the winter months and those times on unpaved wet and muddy roads. Falken and BFG seem to be a favorite around here but don’t know if there is something better for my circumstances.

Wheel recommends would also be welcome. Doesn’t seem to be many options out there. the ssw off-road wheels are the best looking I’ve found. They all seem to be 17”, so I’m assuming a 285/70/17 is the biggest I can fit on a non lifted one 100?

Appreciate all your advice

Dedicated snow tires seems like it was would make more sense where you're located. How many days of snow/slush do you drive in per year?

I'm in the process of replacing my tires before a long road trip. I plan to move one of them to the spare so I have same size tires on all rims. I currently have General Grabber ATx 285/75/16. I'm thinking of switching to Michelin Defender LTX M/S in same size.

Will I have the same ride characteristics? Will the ride feel the same or better?

View attachment 3253654
Best looking truck on the forum! Do you run 275/70/18s? I’ve liked my Toyo Open Country AT3 so far but went a little skinnier (265/70/18) .

Best looking truck on the forum! Do you run 275/70/18s? I’ve liked my Toyo Open Country AT3 so far but went a little skinnier (265/70/18) .
Oh, if only she still looked like that (but thanks!)

Yeah, I'm on my 3rd set of 275/70/18s.

I'm in the process of replacing my tires before a long road trip. I plan to move one of them to the spare so I have same size tires on all rims. I currently have General Grabber ATx 285/75/16. I'm thinking of switching to Michelin Defender LTX M/S in same size.

Will the ride feel the same or better?

Could members with experience on any/all of these tires please tell us how many miles are they expected to last safely?
BFG KO2
Michelin Defender LTX M/S
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Thanks!

Could members with experience on any/all of these tires please tell us how many miles are they expected to last safely?
BFG KO2
Michelin Defender LTX M/S
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Thanks!
I’ve had KO2s, LTX, and LTXat2s. There is no contest in my use, both Michelin’s are fantastic tires. I’ve been off-road with both of them and never got stuck. I also got 80k miles out of my Michelin’s….I had to change my KO2s at 40k miles due to the road noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom