What did you do on your 70 series today? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Folks like Fifteen52 and newer Nomad have some cool stuff. I know @Willis has used both (and will happily sell em to ya ;))
Shoot me a DM and we can discuss before I drop $2500 on the EvoCorse!

Finally got some proper mirrors (my LJ79 came with the smaller mirrors)

IMG_20230125_173428.jpg
IMG_20230125_173637.jpg
IMG_20230125_180751.jpg

I don't need any extra reminders about the line of traffic built up behind me. 🤣

But those OEM mirrors look great!
I must have a personality quirk. I actually enjoy counting all of those vehicles stuck behind me. When I get 10 or more it’s like winning the lottery. 😁

I'd love to not run spacers, but having issues finding a good aftermarket wheel to run. I'd rather increased wheel size to accommodate for larger front brakes, but finding the right offset has been brutal. 3.5" backspace seems to be the only guaranteed fitment.
has anybody looked at raceline 887 rockcrushers? 16x8, 6 5.5, 3.7 BS, -20 offset. wouldn't they work without spacers? they're a good looking wheel as well.

After many fruitless phone calls, I discovered that post-covid most, or maybe all, of the low priced wheel manufacturers no longer offer custom backspace.
Before covid they would make wheels with the backspacing you need for a minimal charge or maybe no charge but no finish paint.
I found trace evidence of this in various outdated catalogs and lists of available/possible offsets for each style wheel.

great friend and LC mechanic AJ did this dirty work for me a few weeks ago...knuckles and new front breaks...love that we can still find OEM parts for these things..it was like Hersey's chocolate syrup up in there...

IMG_0105 (1).jpeg

added a 4x4 engineering rear ladder to mount the highlift to, needed a spot for it
adjusted the small door hinges to work better and ordered new tire door hinges
added the-high-mileage club award stickers, which are actually thick epoxy discs over the foil sticker part, really nice
trying to find a place for my new map lights, probably right where that mystery switch is by the glow light for the flush mount and on the dash for the articulating one, they both have buttons on the lights, the flushmount is red to act as a monitor light

IMG_20230126_205832[1].jpg

IMG_20230126_205856[1].jpg

IMG_20230126_210001[1].jpg

IMG_20230126_210011[1].jpg

IMG_20230126_210034[1].jpg

added a 4x4 engineering rear ladder to mount the highlift to, needed a spot for it...
I was thinking of doing something similar. How does the ladder mount? Looks like it hooks over the top of the door? How about the bottom end? Tried to find it on the Googler, but only found a Japanese site with no details.

added a 4x4 engineering rear ladder to mount the highlift to, needed a spot for it
adjusted the small door hinges to work better and ordered new tire door hinges
added the-high-mileage club award stickers, which are actually thick epoxy discs over the foil sticker part, really nice
trying to find a place for my new map lights, probably right where that mystery switch is by the glow light for the flush mount and on the dash for the articulating one, they both have buttons on the lights, the flushmount is red to act as a monitor light

View attachment 3230651

View attachment 3230652

View attachment 3230653

View attachment 3230654

View attachment 3230655
Careful with the hi-lift on your ladder interfering with your plate. Some excitable officer may pull you over and end up not being in favor of that.

I've been pulled over for having a license plate frame before, which was put on my vehicle by a dealer in the same state.

I was thinking of doing something similar. How does the ladder mount? Looks like it hooks over the top of the door? How about the bottom end? Tried to find it on the Googler, but only found a Japanese site with no details.
it has hooks over the top and bottom hooks that bolt to the ladder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom