SAS Solid Axle Summit #7 Official Page (1 Viewer)

SAS #7 Color Choices for Swag and Trail Flags

• • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 31 33.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm trying to figure out if I can fit two cruisers on one 20' gooseneck. 😆

20230125_172807.jpg

That’s the one @Kentex Rick 😎
For those that want a pull behind trailer but can’t locate the ideal candidate, @POTATO LAUNCHER has made more than a few for some of the folks attending SAS. They are bad **s and hopefully some will post pics of them. Here’s my truck bed trailer. A bit heavier than Casey’s builds but it works
B8362557-E921-4E37-934A-A5F4025BFF64.jpeg

If there is anyone who can take a Hammering it's You, Rob Tygart, and your Rusty Nail Racing #4619 KOH fj45 chase truck! Winner of the wet t-shirt contest! It's always an honor to have Veterans like you attend our event! Thanks for making SAS even cooler Rob @landcrusher909
Screenshot_20230126-073848_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, I had a corroded-shut vent line. All sorted now. You get that tire mount sorted?
Yep, with a new Heavy duty spindle, TMR. Held up very good out in MOAB on Hells gate and the Staircase on the revenge.

I'm debating whether to drag it to Colorado, that's a long way with an 80 with almost 400k on it.
Do it. I drug mine there and over to Moab and back home, over 3,000 miles. With a 400k+ FJ62. Towed great, and the extra space is wonderful. Wife and kids can bring about anything they want and the truck is less crowded. Beats the heck out of travelling with a full hitch carrier on the back, 2 big Hardigg surplus cases, a folding table, a rooftop cargo bag, etc. on the roof. (SAS#2). It was much worse from a side view. Poor thing was LOADED. 6,800#.
IIRC I was 8,200# including trailer last year.
20180805_143949.jpg

RE: all the doggos, Cruiser really wants me to take the old 61 I think... one of these years!
20230116_151300.jpg

Last year we had some problems with gas containing ethanol at high elevations boiling in gas tanks. The gas stations in Ouray now have ethanol free gas. It’s a little more expensive but way safer. Ethanol gas can overwhelm the evap system at elevation.
The first time I went to the San Juans in 2016 in my 80 el solo, I was at California Pass and I was venting like crazy. I pulled the gas cap and it was spitting gas, even after doing a new canister and all the 80 thread stuff to prevent it. It would figure if it was ethanol. I hate that crap. Snowmobilers (and all other 2 strokes) hate it.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think enough people drop out due to the crap of life, that there are always less attendees as than the max number of spots. For real, don't sweat it, you will be good to go, and welcome to join in. Make your plans.

I said it at SAS2 and will say it again (since then). You go and meet people you have never met face to face and leave like you left a great family reuinion.

For those that want a pull behind trailer but can’t locate the ideal candidate, @POTATO LAUNCHER has made more than a few for some of the folks attending SAS. They are bad **s and hopefully some will post pics of them. Here’s my truck bed trailer. A bit heavier than Casey’s builds but it works
Casey’s @POTATO LAUNCHER trailer was put through its paces last year by @CenTXFJ60. This trail was pretty rough but bad ass. Trailer had no problems at all.

This was roughly at 12k.

4493A0FF-7E0D-4A06-875D-B936EF72260E.jpeg

I think this is considered #1 in @POTATO LAUNCHER RTT trailer design. Mine is 7 years old and I wouldn't have any other trailer.

You go and meet people you have never met face to face and leave like you left a great family reuinion.

Inaccurate. I actively avoid most of my family lol. I drove 4k miles four times to hang out with you lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom