Source for Door Pinch Weld Trim ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
Has anybody found a substitute for this door trim covering the pinch weld? Black is fine.

Toyota trim seems to be long NLA.

Doing some rust abatement after these long rains, and I think I finally found the source of Driver's side water intrusion - crushed trim? .

IMG_20230123_132225082_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230123_132237773_HDR.jpg

In white :rolleyes:
Did a quick search for ‘welting’ - might be wrong term…
I do not believe water intrusion via that path…

This looks pretty close at McMaster-Carr

Rock Auto has the same thing (same measurements, anyway) 50 ft for $40. Steel core. Black. I wanted Aluminum core but couldn't seem to find any and RA was out.

Prolly not the source of my water intrusion, although I've sealed up everything else, including cowl and windshield. Door seals look ok, but since they're original, I ordered L & R from Toyota (while they're available) 'cuz it's prolly time.

Funny enough I literally had a box of what your asking about walk through my shop door this morning. I immediately thought of this thread.
The product is called edge guard. CR Lawrence sells it in a variety of sizes. I think you can even buy it at Walmart
Not sure about color selection, but you likely want something in the 1/16th range or 2/16th PART # 75343C or 75341C is for 1/32 or a little larger...

Funny enough I literally had a box of what your asking about walk through my shop door this morning. I immediately thought of this thread.
The product is called edge guard. CR Lawrence sells it in a variety of sizes. I think you can even buy it at Walmart
Not sure about color selection, but you likely want something in the 1/16th range or 2/16th PART # 75343C or 75341C is for 1/32 or a little larger...

That product looks good - same specs as the stuff I ordered. Amazon has it but only in 100' rolls.

I'll post pix and info for the stuff I ordered when it arrives.

I'd be looking at something like this that seals it too.

or this:

Amazon product ASIN B09QL5RZ6F
not sure about the dimensions on this one though.

fwiw, I had a water leak at my passenger side floor board near the kick panel for longer than I'd like to admit. I thought it was the windshield boot or maybe a seam seal leak at the cowl. It only leaked after a hard rain. It ended up being the sealer in the rain gutter above the front passenger door. The sealer was a bit cracked but you couldn't tell it was leaking by looking at it. I guess it just ran the gutter down the A post and seeped onto the floor. I grinded it out and replaced and the leak went away.

split the mcmaster carr order that has the rubber bulb on with a friend and you're paying maybe $50 each for the 100ft which comes with a good /foot discount. Any other seals: Jegs has discounts usually for the PRP OEM replacements.

the additional seal makes a huge difference. may have to adjust the doors a touch though unless you're ok with the firm shut until they break in a bit.

split the mcmaster carr order that has the rubber bulb on with a friend and you're paying maybe $50 each for the 100ft which comes with a good /foot discount. Any other seals: Jegs has discounts usually for the PRP OEM replacements.

the additional seal makes a huge difference. may have to adjust the doors a touch though unless you're ok with the firm shut until they break in a bit.

Yes, I was thinking of trying some of that trim with the side bulb just to see if it cut down on wind noise from the doors, but I already have the other stuff on order, so we'll see.

Have you actually installed the bulb-type ? If yes, how's the noise ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom