SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is better for airing down and/or life in general? Wider wheels or skinnier wheels? 8" vs 7" width? Would I run into issues airing down a 285/75/16 (online says wheel width range of 7-10") on a 7" wide wheel vs an 8" wheel?
Narrower rims are better for airing down. Helps keep the bead of the tire seated on the rim. I would go with a rim width at the minimum range of the tire, always.

Narrower rims are better for airing down. Helps keep the bead of the tire seated on the rim. I would go with a rim width at the minimum range of the tire, always.
Thank you my fellow cruiserhead!

Here's my stupid question, how close is the fit of a drawer system for a 100 into a 200. I ask cuz I found a SHW OFFROAD with wings and filler panels for a 100 on CL for a "G". I realize there will some cutting, adding, etc. Its nothing fancy but it would be just what I need. Thanks Mitch.

I have read that the cargo area of a 100 is actually larger than a 200.

Pretty sure with the prefab kits the 100 and 200 share boxes, but the wing kits are different. I don’t know if this applies to the drawers in qyuestion

Looks like. They have a 200 drawer. They might sell you what you need to convert.

Last edited:
What are the dimensions of the box top? The Reef are 40"x40" so that gives an idea of what will fit easily. I can measure my ADGU boxes if you want a slightly larger dimension - they fit tight to the fenders. I'm confident you'd need to make (or buy) your own custom fit kit for the 200.

Any recommendations to diagnose squeaking during steering? It’s not a groan or a metal on metal like the turn stops hitting each other. It sounds like a bushing.
Just wondering if anyone knows a common culprit.

Any recommendations to diagnose squeaking during steering? It’s not a groan or a metal on metal like the turn stops hitting each other. It sounds like a bushing.
Just wondering if anyone knows a common culprit.
Does your steering sound like it's wheezing when it's cold and then goes away after a bit?
If that's the case I believe you can grease a section on the column near the firewall as a temporary fix.
Does

Does your steering sound like it's wheezing when it's cold and then goes away after a bit?
If that's the case I believe you can grease a section on the column near the firewall as a temporary fix.
Does
No. It's just some squeaking, down low, like a tie rod end or an LCA ball joint. Every time I try to video it, it doesn't squeak...

My driver's seat creaks and clicks like crazy when accelerating/decelerating. Anybody experience this and have a fix that doesn't involve tearing the seat apart? It seems to be coming from the connection between the seat back and bottom, or further down where the rail is.

No. It's just some squeaking, down low, like a tie rod end or an LCA ball joint. Every time I try to video it, it doesn't squeak...
Sounds like your fix right there! 😆

Sounds like your fix right there! 😆
Really don't want to shell out $$ for new LCAs. Guess I should start with TREs.

Interestingly, when I was browsing the extensive Lexus maintenance history, I found where the steering rack was replaced. No clue why but it was done at Bell Lexus.

I've a Trekboxx Bravo system. Planning to put in a alucab tilting fridge slide. Which side should I mount it on? I was thinking of the right side. The reasoning is that the bravo has a drawer where you can slide out and put stuff on top of it. In most of the installs, I've seen the fridge on the left side. Any insights would be appreciated.

I've a Trekboxx Bravo system. Planning to put in a alucab tilting fridge slide. Which side should I mount it on? I was thinking of the right side. The reasoning is that the bravo has a drawer where you can slide out and put stuff on top of it. In most of the installs, I've seen the fridge on the left side. Any insights would be appreciated.

It's really personal preference.

Many people choose the driver side as the LC200 is a little heavy on the passenger due to fuel. The fridge balances it out.

I run my fridge slide on the passenger side. I have a tire swingout on the driver side, which has a flip up table that I prep and cook on, so it makes for better ergonomics.

Sometimes when I get back into my vehicle, the driver’s seat has been moved as far forward as it will go.
This has happened when I’ve only been out of the car for 15 min (and I’m certain nobody else has been in the truck).

Am I hitting something on the key fob that’s doing this?

Sometimes when I get back into my vehicle, the driver’s seat has been moved as far forward as it will go.
This has happened when I’ve only been out of the car for 15 min (and I’m certain nobody else has been in the truck).

Maybe it is the driver position memory system is set that way and it is the default preset. Toyota Land Cruiser: Driving position memory system - Adjustable components (seats, mirrors, steering wheel) - Before driving - https://www.tlacruiser.com/driving_position_memory_system-13.html

Does one of the presets match where the seat moves to?
Might be one of two things.
You are hitting one of the presets as you get out.
Your remote is programmed with a setting that is not your preset. This is possible if you are not the original owner of the car and didn't change the preset matched to the remote.

Hmm… I thought I had all three memory buttons programmed to my preferences. But this is a good idea… I will verify this. And if not, program all three of them.

Also, I did just find that there is already a thread on this subject. My apologies to all for not searching first! Lazy of me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom