Wanted FJ40 Ambulance Door Wire Cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sbmedia.info
Looking for this plate (see image below). It mounts to the rear ambulance door and covers the wires that connect to the licence plate lights. Any condition is acceptable, let me know if you have, or know anyone who has one and is willing to sell it.

Thanks,
Sam

1585756918719.png

Question about that part. ‘79 and newer? I don’t think my ‘78 came with one when new. Thanks. Tom

Thank-you, both. Yes, it I the elusive cover I foolishly have been searching for. @John49 I would like to buy it. @Livinging in the Past thank-you for tagging me.

To all, I will photograph the two different versions side by side, once this arrives. Thank-you.

Bear, the one you showed a picture of does not have the indentation on the single bolt. But it could be a washer filling in the gap.

Glad you found one!

KevO

Thanks, @kevos37 --good eye ! My FJ43 did not come with a wire cover for the ambo door--it's a '79, so anything I do is non-original here. I have always thought Toyota did a poor job of just hanging the license wiring on the backside of the ambo doors--hard top or soft top for most of the run. It has bugged me for years, with passengers going in and out that door able to snag the wiring. Even much later when the LX versions the hard top came out, they decided to put the vinyl panels on the back doors and a box around the inside door handle, which itself was a carryover from the earliest models.

So.....not authentic for me to switch-out something or modify something, but most of us eventually do so out of personal preference. My FJ43 will have the split windshield, folding bench seats, lighted switch knobs, and a few other personalizations--all to the horror of my purist friends--in good jest. And....when I'm backing out the drive trying to see clearly thru the plastic windows, I will notice the wire cover and smile at my OCD for thinking it was once such a big deal to me.

So yeah, there may have been variations in that cover--even among the soft top ambo doors--but frankly I stole the photo I have been using from the Colombian brothers in Florida, who may very well have repro'd their own version of something they saw on one of their 40s. I'm pleased no matter.

And thanks for your note--incredible attention to detail and memory on your part. I tip my hat to you !

MS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom