TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a supercharger. It makes whistling noises.

I installed these on our washing machine. Now I'm agitated.

I installed these on our washing machine. Now I'm agitated.
I have an agitator dog and it didn't even require installation

never thought id be so jazzed for mudflaps

IMG-8151.jpg

Leak down day for the subaru

Cylinder 2 looks good
20221219_115738.jpg

Cylinder 4...... Houston we have a problem

20221219_120521.jpg

Maths says that's more than a 20% difference:bang:

Had to check TDC 4 times to make sure a valve wasn't open. Well I can stop holding out there is a blockage in the cooling system somewhere.

Leak down day for the subaru

Cylinder 2 looks good
View attachment 3197087

Cylinder 4...... Houston we have a problem

View attachment 3197088

Maths says that's more than a 20% difference:bang:

Had to check TDC 4 times to make sure a valve wasn't open. Well I can stop holding out there is a blockage in the cooling system somewhere.
Ok so when I just went back to test all the cylinders again I they all came back perfect...... must have had a valve slightly open the first few times I tested. It's been holding at this for 10 minutes now.

20221219_142007.jpg

Never before has removing one suspension link resulted in so many 4-letter words. When you end up using all of these just to remove 2 bolts and replace 2 heim joints, it’s turned into a challenging job.

992998ED-DD4A-48E1-857B-E41EB784DBBD.jpeg

181F592E-02C5-4DD0-9378-5123D6BC752A.jpeg

One of the spacers had basically became one with the lower bolt, so it had to be destroyed to get it off. New spacers are on the way and then it will finally be all back together and ready to rock ‘n roll.

Never before has removing one suspension link resulted in so many 4-letter words. When you end up using all of these just to remove 2 bolts and replace 2 heim joints, it’s turned into a challenging job.

View attachment 3227022

View attachment 3227023

One of the spacers had basically became one with the lower bolt, so it had to be destroyed to get it off. New spacers are on the way and then it will finally be all back together and ready to rock ‘n roll.
Judging by the cleanliness of the tools, you basically just used the hammer. Did you try the sawzall?

Judging by the cleanliness of the tools, you basically just used the hammer. Did you try the sawzall?

The sawzall and grinder were purchased as a result of other stuff not working to get the offending bolt out. I kinda used the project as an excuse to continue the changeover to Dewalt 20v stuff and away from the previous Ryobi pos’s that I had. I couldn’t use the torch on the forward bolt due to it being about an inch from the gas tank.

Wrenching and ranting…together at last!

Hanging a small corner shelf in bedroom. It’s 1/8” panel so I can’t use the normal drywall stuff.

I bought a 2-pack of these wall anchors. How the hell did I miss the elephant in the room/package???

Unless Dollar General has something I can use, it’s 20 miles to Lowe’s or Walmart from here. I guess this project will have to wait until I’ve gone home and come back down here. And Sarah wonders why some things take so long to get done around here!

60D4116E-CCB0-44A5-BCBA-86CDEBEBA719.jpeg

Hanging a small corner shelf in bedroom. It’s 1/8” panel so I can’t use the normal drywall stuff.

I bought a 2-pack of these wall anchors. How the hell did I miss the elephant in the room/package???

Unless Dollar General has something I can use, it’s 20 miles to Lowe’s or Walmart from here. I guess this project will have to wait until I’ve gone home and come back down here. And Sarah wonders why some things take so long to get done around here!

View attachment 3230259
never buy just one pack lol

View attachment 3230259
somebody got screwed......

:rimshot:

I bought a 2-pack of these wall anchors. How the hell did I miss the elephant in the room…
It’s just diy’ier than your normal set

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom