TP Auto Parts Store -- Complete Sets of FJ40/FJ45 (72-78/79 - 83) Body Parts and Assemblies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tpclassic

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hi Guys,

TP Auto Parts (Manufacturer Direct Store) will open for business starting from February 20, 2023. We are located at 26201 Ynez Rd., Temecula, CA92591.

We have thousands of aftermarket body parts to choose from, and most importantly, we have the most comprehensive list of 79-83 FJ40/FJ45 body parts, assemblies, window glass, and more! We are also in the process of getting the 74-78 model body parts, which should be available to ship in March 2023.

Welcome to visit us!

To request for a list of parts available and pricing, please send an email to tim@topnault.com.

Website: www.tpautoparts.com (will be working before 2/20/2023)

fj40 52.jpg
fj40 04.jpg
fj40 32.jpg
fj40 42.jpg
fj40 00d1.jpg

Let's see what your all about -

Because I hate rust and to redue the truck over every 10 years sucks lol
We are also OEM body parts supplier. Which means, we are using the same process for the FJ40 parts. We are using e-coating process for rust protection, for individual parts or for the whole assembly. You can see the one of the pictures I posted.

Right on. I've seen your ads on Facebook Marketplace recently. I am sitting just across the 15 freeway from your location on Jefferson Ave, I will definitely stop by to take a look once you're up an running!

Few things on the US market tubs were not the same 79-83. On 8/80 the steering column opening changed for the collapsible steering column. 10/81 switch bracket for room light was added to A pillars, this is an easy fix. 10/82 the dash changed for the insert piece and the transmission hump changed so the H55F five speed have clearance. LHD insert dash is a concern since those are hard to source for LHD, only used 10/82+. When you can find one they are usually missing parts and radio opening is hacked for an aftermarket radio. May be more popular having the pre 10/82 dash. But the H55F while never offered in the US it is a popular upgrade. The later hump/inspection cover are compatible to four speeds as well as five speed.

I
Few things on the US market tubs were not the same 79-83. On 8/80 the steering column opening changed for the collapsible steering column. 10/81 switch bracket for room light was added to A pillars, this is an easy fix. 10/82 the dash changed for the insert piece and the transmission hump changed so the H55F five speed have clearance. LHD insert dash is a concern since those are hard to source for LHD, only used 10/82+. When you can find one they are usually missing parts and radio opening is hacked for an aftermarket radio. May be more popular having the pre 10/82 dash. But the H55F while never offered in the US it is a popular upgrade. The later hump/inspection cover are compatible to four speeds as well as five speed.
It's an aftermarket body, not one made by Arakawa, so the nuances and regional differences you point out are irrelevant since it cannot and should not be presented as an original body but rather, as a rebodied Cruiser. There is nothing wrong with a rust free clone 45 or rebodied 40, as long the seller is honest.

I belive this keeps the original bodies and survivors available to those of us chasing originality, while at the same time offering a body to the off-road and resto-mod fraternities.

I

It's an aftermarket body, not one made by Arakawa, so the nuances and regional differences you point out are irrelevant since it cannot and should not be presented as an original body but rather, as a rebodied Cruiser. There is nothing wrong with a rust free clone 45 or rebodied 40, as long the seller is honest.

I belive this keeps the original bodies and survivors available to those of us chasing originality, while at the same time offering a body to the off-road and resto-mod fraternities.

I understand but many buyers may not understand the differences. The insert dash is a big one. Really want to weld in a new section in the middle of the dash? RHD started 10/81 and
insert dashs seem to be more common to find used. I know I passed on one from a RHD just because it is set up backwards. Not sure I've seen a aftermarket tub being made for the H55F. Correct hump is something that would work for 1/79+ as long as the inspection cover was available. If you've been around 40s for a while get to know the differences in years and markets. Just advertising as a LHD 79-83 some new very possibly might not be aware of differences and spend thousands only to find out modifications need to be made. The steering I like because it easier to cut down for power steering. Plus I have a couple complete 8/80+ US market columns. But I have 73-80 columns. But if I had a rusted 83 BJ42 I just picked up and bought a new tub only to find out it not is made for my factory H55F I would not be a happy camper. Interesting if these have an insert dash and pre 10/82 transmission hump. Being LHD they are not correct for any market. Not saying these are bad they are not a one size fits all 1/79+.

there are other steel body manufacturers... and steel panels several

yeah they are dipped... they will still only last a few years in the upper north east and canada before rust starts to creep its way in, the cruisers have way too many nooks and crannies that hold the road salt.

There is only one manufacturer in aluminum ... aqualu.... (north america... teseven no longer making in aluminum for purchase)

there is two with possibility for 3 fiberglass north america

zero manufacturers in stainless steel like teseven used to make

I want to think this is a good thing, but it seems like we'll now have a bunch of Chinese bodies being bolted onto trucks that might have otherwise been restored. Just like the influx of badly restored south American trucks has tainted the market, a lot of buyers won't know the difference between an original U.S. spec cruiser and a non. I guess we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom