Builds HDJ79 build #2: 2022 double cab with FTE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G turbo red wheel has been ordered.

A big old box or two of parts from northern friends has arrived.

I am having a birthday wrenching weekend on February 3-5. Might as well invite everyone… If you want to come and wrench and hang out and drink beer, message me for the address…

@davegonz @Unoman @AlbertoSD @aljollano @Will Van are some committed parties. Come on over.

Sure is! Can't wait!

H152 input shaft conversion parts are here. LET’S GOOOOOOOOO!

C72A1B39-F4DB-4867-9DAC-657211FC004C.jpeg

Possibly two. Or three!

I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with your builds so far, I'm based in France and as in the US it's pretty much impossible to import a new 79 series unless its a GRJ (Petrol so) that I'm not a huge fan of.
I'm owning a 1 HDT powered 80 series and planning to build out my 79 double cab since I can't purchase one as I would like to.

SO, just following with a lot of attention your build and appreciating all the quality you're putting in the truck making

@sullivansrt thanks for the kind words.
I’m not doing anything new- lots of others have done this before me. Just trying to emulate them and build on their big old brains and knowledge bases.

Good luck on your double!

In exciting news, the red wheel is shipping from G turbo. I didn’t expect that for a while.

Keep the FTE turbo just in case I do another 1HZ swap. The one in Crusty spooled up nicely.

I have a spare Garrett on the shelf. The turbo coming off the 2004 motor is a VNT- don’t know if that is a good choice for a 1HZ. But we can explore for sure.

Picked up another H152 of @shanko ’s at the local dealership.

720F7F73-43FF-4D57-971E-852ED407CB39.jpeg

Cleaned off the OR table for input shaft surgery this weekend.

5AA50A77-5F1C-49CD-9F90-AF83446BC7BB.jpeg

Well, crap.

We had a big ice storm in Central Texas this week. Today, things warmed up, but I don’t have power at our place in town, or at the ranch. Sadly, no wrenching weekend. There will be a lot of chainsawing and cursing, though.

We are tentatively rescheduling the wrenching weekend for February 17-19. I’ll let all y’all know as soon as we confirm. Everyone out there is still invited.

B9D78280-9F37-4C38-96D6-00AF9D0C5C64.jpeg
1C187DAA-4E1D-4EF2-967D-30C9CFE03159.jpeg
8F99AC85-9AEC-40DB-82DF-C3A1DEB7C32F.jpeg

we just had 20" snowfall here, last of the winter trying to get us all i guess

Yeah. Still no power.

But I intercepted the DHL truck…

WHAT’S IN THE BOX???

FBCF8F47-7F62-44CE-9102-3EA9F2743C50.jpeg

mmmmmm, turbo
looks like they only kicked it four or five times on the trip

@FJBen I mean, that is not an unreasonable guess.

I did bolt a fender onto the single cab today using all fresh OEM hardware, yes, zinc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom