What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (58 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a Bronco Raptor ordered (April delivery) and cancelled - bought another 80 instead. It's either genius or stupidity. Jury is out.

Buddy's brother now has the order instead.
I do not know too much about the Raptor Bronco but do know that the Bronco has that trail assist steering, depending on which way you are turning it will lock the rear wheel on either the right or left and pivot on that tire.

Your new to you 80 is paid off the Raptor might not have been for a few years. No car payment is nice.

Bronco Raptor, now there is a disposable appliance! I actually have enjoyed driving my wife's Expedition, but the thought of having to keep/maintain it beyond a few years is frightening. But those Broncos do look good, I will concede that.

I don't keep them. And every brand new car I've ever owned(11-12) has been gone before the warranty was up. So maintenance was no more than any other car.

2002 sierra 1500
2004 lightning
2008 f250
2010 Tahoe
2011 f150
2012 accord
2013 wrx
2014 Audi s4
2015 Tahoe
2017 f350
2018 mustang gt

Which part 🤣🤣
The bent flat bar with the rough saw-cut edge on top.

Or maybe all of it.

It's not officially a project until you bleed on it.

We have a local dealer that has been paying people $10,000 to take their Bronco order and turn it over to them.

That dealership has been successfully getting $100K on the new broncos, not the raptors, so I'm sure they'll get even more for those.
My order was at sticker - which is why i couldn't help myself when the opportunity presented itself.
I do not know too much about the Raptor Bronco but do know that the Bronco has that trail assist steering, depending on which way you are turning it will lock the rear wheel on either the right or left and pivot on that tire.

Your new to you 80 is paid off the Raptor might not have been for a few years. No car payment is nice.
Finances weren't really the concern, more the overlap with the Unicorn - already a locked SUV on 37s that's trail capable and i didn't want to beat up. Bought the second 80 to abuse the snot out of, repair, repeat.

Bronco Raptor, now there is a disposable appliance! I actually have enjoyed driving my wife's Expedition, but the thought of having to keep/maintain it beyond a few years is frightening. But those Broncos do look good, I will concede that.
Personally, I don't like them. If I'm going to spend $50-$85K on a 4x4, I'd rather buy a fully rebuilt 80 series...I mean, fully rebuilt frame-off rebuild. But that's just me.

No shade to Bronco owners, old and new...I'm just not a fan of the new one. Too much to break, too much I can't wrench on, too much $$$ to fix (moreso than any LC).

BUT, having a full warranty would be nice, hahaha.

Until it breaks and parts are another 12 months out so you're making payments on a broken truck you cannot drive.

This morning.

C6830AC1-46E3-42E2-9463-984447F7FE26.jpeg
AC94F75E-4685-4335-9AAE-2FED26A58E93.jpeg
F8A21FDE-1BD6-4980-B7E1-937CD89DA614.jpeg

Cheers

Personally, I don't like them. If I'm going to spend $50-$85K on a 4x4, I'd rather buy a fully rebuilt 80 series...I mean, fully rebuilt frame-off rebuild. But that's just me.

No shade to Bronco owners, old and new...I'm just not a fan of the new one. Too much to break, too much I can't wrench on, too much $$$ to fix (moreso than any LC).

They're not any harder to work on than an 80. Software is free to diagnose. Forscan is very powerful and easy to use.

The bent flat bar with the rough saw-cut edge on top.

Or maybe all of it.

It's not officially a project until you bleed on it.
I'm taking the roof rack off, and will repaint / sort it out.
Horrible design and yes its too sharp, will make it civilised lol

The Raptor Broncos are going for over 100k, insane.

The Raptor Broncos are going for over 100k, insane.
Yeah - sticker is around 80. I've seen several advertised in the 120s.

I should have taken delivery and flipped it.

Updated fuel numbers since purchase. That's 20,200 miles, adjusted for speedo error.

20230126_203830.jpg

My mpg's have dropped since I stopped dailying it and started just running the kids to school in it.

Since I bought a beater I'm seeing 15.6 mpg basically all city, that's 12 tanks of fuel used to get that average.

If I take the last 12 tanks prior when it was my dd the average is 18.2

My beater is half the cost per mile to drive daily when accounting for fuel and tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom