For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Did any of you buy the 2015 Black on Tan with 78k miles on it at Kenny Kent Toyota/Lexus in Kentucky? I called on it this past week, they sent me information and then all of a sudden it wasn't 'available' any more. Wondering if they took it to the auction. It showed as a one owner and they had it for over 30 days which I thought was odd. Just wondering if it was rough.

The market is pretty confused right now. Dealer prices have come down quite a bit, but private sellers seem to be clutching onto Covid prices.
There is a lifelong TX truck with 91k miles. A 2011 asking $36k. https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHisto...azjulREuyfshr8JhoMTPpMOr4XfT4GVK6VvVvhBI2Bq24

Listing: Autotrader - page unavailable - https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=668691123&makeCodeList=TOYOTA&maxMileage=200000&maxPrice=39000&modelCodeList=LC&searchRadius=0&showToolbar=true&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=2008&zip=85755&state=AZ&city=Tucson&listingTypes=USED&isNewSearch=false&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3FmakeCodeList%3DTOYOTA%26maxMileage%3D200000%26maxPrice%3D39000%26modelCodeList%3DLC%26searchRadius%3D0%26showToolbar%3Dtrue%26sortBy%3DdistanceASC%26startYear%3D2008%26zip%3D85755&clickType=listing

Then there are some private party 2011 trucks for sale with 190K miles that want $39K.

We're hunting for a private party truck because there is no sales tax in AZ on private party transactions so it saves us a few thousand $ right there. Going to look at a 151K mile 2008. 1 owner truck in a dry state we've negotiated to $25k. Still, KBB and NADA show the private part value on it at $22k. So... it feels like a good deal if you just ignore the valuation websites and consider how insane the 200 series prices has been recently.

I've noticed this with a lot of vehicles right now, not just LCs. Private sellers have really missed the boat and are in denial.

100%. Most of the LCs/LX's on Cars and Bids are not hitting their reserves and there is a particularly clean one on here right now that I would buy if it was priced where I think it should be.

Found another LX570 but unsure about this rust. They want $25.9k. It’s a 2011 with 84k miles.

A1CC733A-C87E-4172-8774-CFDE487B4AFD.jpeg

1E284D62-5332-4DC9-8157-B008E1FA271E.jpeg

04DCC8BF-2E5B-4028-BC55-AF871DD9897A.jpeg

Found another LX570 but unsure about this rust. They want $25.9k. It’s a 2011 with 84k miles.

View attachment 3227449

View attachment 3227450

View attachment 3227451
Pass for sure.

For the thread; I purchased a 2013 LX570 private party from the second owner. Silver with black interior, 130K miles. Ownership history 3 years/30K miles in Manhattan and after that has been in Utah. Not perfect but corrosion is an acceptable level to me. Needs all fluid maintenance done. $29K. I don't feel like I overpaid but I also don't feel like I got a "deal". It felt like a fair price.

I'd pass if you're going to modify it or turn any wrenches on it. Every nut and bolt will be locktited with rust. If it was a commuter or family run around I'm sure it would be fine, but if you can avoid rust like that, do it.

Here is possibly the original add:

Yes I think this was the original ad…I know on Craigslist there’s some scammers that will copy other people’s listings but put a cheaper price to try and lure others to put a deposit on it or something

It's definitely a scam. Also listed on Bay Area Craigslist and I saw it here months ago. Texted the seller and they want to have some conversation over email, which mostly confirms scam.

View attachment 3227449

View attachment 3227450

View attachment 3227451

I've owned 11 different Toyota/Lexus trucks/suvs from 1998-2017 model years from all regions of the country. IOW, I'm very familiar with various levels of rust on Toyota products and for that price range , BASED ON THE PICTURES, looks like it MAY be a very good deal with not too much money/work. I would not buy it without personally inspecting it though. I'd have to see it in person and go over it very closely (I don't trust other people's inspections of what is acceptable to me), but it looks like it MAY just be a weekend of work and a bucket of surface shield from being good to go. If I was looking for that year and was less than a 3 hours drive, it had a clean carfax and a service history I would definitely go see it. If the rust is what I think it MAY be and you could pick it up for $22-23K...that would be a steal...but I'm looking for a '16+ and I'm on the other side of the country.

I've owned 11 different Toyota/Lexus trucks/suvs from 1998-2017 model years from all regions of the country. IOW, I'm very familiar with various levels of rust on Toyota products and for that price range , BASED ON THE PICTURES, looks like it MAY be a very good deal with not too much money/work. I would not buy it without personally inspecting it though. I'd have to see it in person and go over it very closely (I don't trust other people's inspections of what is acceptable to me), but it looks like it MAY just be a weekend of work and a bucket of surface shield from being good to go. If I was looking for that year and was less than a 3 hours drive, it had a clean carfax and a service history I would definitely go see it. If the rust is what I think it MAY be and you could pick it up for $22-23K...that would be a steal...but I'm looking for a '16+ and I'm on the other side of the country.
What are some factors when looking at the rust to determine if it’s worth it?

What are some factors when looking at the rust to determine if it’s worth it?
Essentially how deep the rot is...to me there are three kinds of undercarriage rust, minor surface rust, more than "minor" surface rust and flaking rust+ (or worse and once it gets to flaking, it doesn't matter how much worse, cause I'm passing) that can't simply be brushed/sanded off. Both of the first 2 can be mitigated, the second just requires a little more effort. That one looks like may be salvageable by my standards if I inspected it in person or it might be flaking...can't tell for sure just on those pics. I have driven 16 hours to buy a Toyota truck before based on some very strategically taken misleading pics by the seller (a damn Toyota dealer no less) and then passed when I saw it in person. That was lesson learned...my drives are limited to 3 hours and I ask for very specific pics now. :) For that LX I would ask for some more specific close up shots of the axle and frame rails before I would take the drive.

Last edited:
Got a 2008, one owner, always in Southern Calif, dealer maintained with records, 153k mile, Sonoran Gold truck today.
$24,750

Now, to find some Rock Warriors.

View attachment 3229370

Congrats!

(Not selling my retirement plan Rock Warriors :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom