Will 200 series rear springs work on 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a little more rear load capacity and I saw the stock 200 rear spring specs are pretty close to OME 865's but I don't know if the top/bottom of the spring matches the 100 series seats on the axle and body. Sorry if this has been asked before but after a few google searches and searches on here I couldn't find anyone talking about doing this. I know the 200 series rear shocks will work but if the rear springs will also work that would save me a bunch of money as these stock 200 series springs seem to sell for $0-$50 for the pair.

Looking for a little more rear load capacity and I saw the stock 200 rear spring specs are pretty close to OME 865's but I don't know if the top/bottom of the spring matches the 100 series seats on the axle and body. Sorry if this has been asked before but after a few google searches and searches on here I couldn't find anyone talking about doing this. I know the 200 series rear shocks will work but if the rear springs will also work that would save me a bunch of money as these stock 200 series springs seem to sell for $0-$50 for the pair.

Let us know how the ride quality is this might be an interesting swap.

100 and 200 OE springs might have the same spring rate. What specs did you get for both the 200 and OME 865 springs?

What's the benefit of switching to 200 springs? Based on the OP I assume spring rate is higher. Lift also? This is the first I've heard of running 200 springs in a 100.

100 and 200 OE springs might have the same spring rate. What specs did you get for both the 200 and OME 865 springs?

Unfortunately I can not locate the spring table I found a few weeks ago for the 200 series but stock 100 series springs are 170 lb spring rate and 865's are 220 lb rate. The 200 series is almost 800 pounds heavier than a 100 series when comparing curb weights. Based on that alone I would have to guess the 200 has heavier springs. If I can track down the chart I found with 200 spring rates I'll post it.

What's the benefit of switching to 200 springs? Based on the OP I assume spring rate is higher. Lift also? This is the first I've heard of running 200 springs in a 100.
For myself I'm just looking for higher load capacity without having to use AirLift air bags. If I get a little lift great but mainly looking to reduce the amount of rear sag when loaded up for a family trip.

stock 100 series springs are 170 lb spring rate and 865's are 220 lb rate
865s are also a full inch shorter than stock 100 series springs…

865s are also a full inch shorter than stock 100 series springs…
Free height yes, but with a higher spring rate and thicker wire diameter you still end up with a lift.

Free height yes, but with a higher spring rate and thicker wire diameter you still end up with a lift.
Barely, and only when unloaded. Put 200 lbs of s*** on the back end and the 865s sag just as bad as stock coils. 860s have the same spring rate as 865 but are taller/longer and therefore work much better with a load of any sort.

Just curious if anyone used 200 springs did they work? Saw a cheap set on marketplace.. figured it might be worth it

For myself I'm just looking for higher load capacity without having to use AirLift air bags. If I get a little lift great but mainly looking to reduce the amount of rear sag when loaded up for a family trip.
I just installed Dobinsin C59-223v springs in the back. I got a solid 1-1.5 inch lift and it rides sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom