Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed interior switch backlights with CEC Industries #8111 Bulbs, 14 V, 0.91 W. It works but it is slightly longer than factory bulb, this makes the factory green cover a bit too short for the new bulb.

antenna-switch-light-jpg.3223517

cdl-switch-light-jpg.3223518

rsca-switch-light-jpg.3223532

New front rotors, cleaned sunroof drains. Confirmed broken cable in sunroof, new spare installed, hitch removed prep for lift tomorrow. But found out I need brake hoses and front sway bar bushings. 😒

today was lift day! Got 3”. A lil stink bug so may put a spacer up front. Need my 35’s now.

68B7EFD7-8891-4D5B-9016-47961733EE7A.jpeg

Are the stock springs worth anything?

Are the stock springs worth anything?

If you or anyone you know is doing any forging... some quality steel for making knives and such.

if they are the original stock springs, they're likely pretty saggy at this point and folks typically give them away.

Figured as much. And oem wheels? Two out of the five are chrome however.

Figured as much. And oem wheels? Two out of the five are chrome however.
Folks will be interested, a lot of guys run wheel adapters on their trailers so they match their rig and only need one spare.

Started pulling the random wires out from previous owners. Apparently it had a sub at some point. And they had a Bluetooth unit installed. So now need to fix up all this radio wiring. If I had my harness’ I’d just install my double din at this point.

AC9B2ED8-726D-44E8-A873-E29F2F3EA192.jpeg

Started pulling the random wires out from previous owners. Apparently it had a sub at some point. And they had a Bluetooth unit installed. So now need to fix up all this radio wiring. If I had my harness’ I’d just install my double din at this point.

View attachment 3238498

Hate when someone cuts the factory wiring to install aftermarket audio. When I installed a aftermarket radio in my daughter's 94 80 series bought the female adapter and left the factory wiring intact. Never owned a 80 series but believe I remember her's had two sets of audio plugs. One on the right side of the glovebox where the amp would mount on premium sound system and a second set behind were the radio/head unit would mount without an external amp. I know at some point the 80 series had an external sub woofer amp. I remember usimg the plugs behind the radio for the adapter and unplugged the set going into the amp. What ever you do would install the original plugs and adapter plugs if you not going back to a stock audio. Make life easier for the next audio change for you or the next owner. On my 89 FJ62 pulled the original radio/cassette and install a early 2000s head unit from a Tundra or LC. Know it's JBL head unit with external amp. Mounted the amp above the glovebox on a couple of unused studs on the bottom of dash. Happy with the head unit for my needs. If I changed anything would be to install a better amp with five channels for higher wattage and a sub woofer. I no longer have a 100 series or 3rd gen 4Runmer. But I kept the factory wiring manuals I purchased to identify the wires between the head unit and amp. Depending on the model Toyota the plug changed from nineteen pin to twenty late nineties every two thousands.

Yes since this is a lx450. Need to run the harness from these plugs over to the head unit. I have an old touch screen unit I’m planing to put in.

View attachment 3238498
Finally getting around to this mounted the 12v usb charger I put in Al my cars and made the harness for the new stereo. Finish fixing this mess tomorrow and I can button the dash back up.

0229C890-DB25-47B1-93E3-43E9369E82F8.jpeg

DE8B4606-108A-47C7-A569-042EF5C40452.jpeg

So much better. Anyone know how to setup the wire for the parking brake? Or buying a bypass the only way?

93F0B2DA-9791-4F5E-B5EF-218C4927EC4D.jpeg

A0B5E842-974F-44BA-908E-2F286FC0BC42.jpeg

I think on mine, a Pioneer, it just needed to go to ground to bypass the parking brake signal.
Did a bunch of reading, they changed it so either I hook it up to the brake proper or have to get a bypass and wire in.

New CVs and lower ball joints for the Prado. For once there was no hiccups and everything went together as it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom