What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed out old link and case, now chasing small problems...

Old Link.jpg

Insurance equals stress, head ache, and a $2,000.00 offer for a totalled vintage vehicle that most likely has $10,000.00+ invested in it. Than the a month of submitting comparable vehicles and begging the lords of the insurance companies for an actual fair settlement.

I would take an ugly bumper over dealing with insurance anytime.

My land cruiser is a stated value policy. No bickering.

I always hear the deer argument. I live in a pretty animal heavy area. I drive a night a lot. I've hit 1 deer in 26 years of driving and it hit the side of my truck. So the odds of a deer strike vs me having to look at that s*** heel bumper aren't close enough in value for me to own one.

Agreed!
And I agree on the ARB on the 60
The lines of the 80 are rounded it looks like an appendage hanging off the front.
And I like the Delta sometimes on black.
It would look a lot better on the 80 if it was closer to the truck.
It also sticks off the front of a 60 way too much.

Mine is black. Probably why I like it.

Made use of my newly acquired State Parks Permit to head out on the four-wheel tracks toward Ka'ena Point. Still haven't properly baselined the cruiser so only made it in about half a mile or so before reluctantly deciding to head back.

Today's swells were big enough that the Eddie Aikau Invitational (which only happens once every 3-4 years or so) was happening a few miles east of here at Waimea Bay, bringing the crowds away from the point.

IMG_0792.jpg
IMG_0787.jpg
IMG_0791.jpg
IMG_0781.jpg

I
How did you clean and prep the valve cover?
I degreased with purple power then wipe down with clean shop towels and let it dry in the house for a day. Then self echoing primer and 3 coats of black and two coats of clear. Normally I would
Have it powder coated but my guy is 1 1/2 away and high temp engine paint holds up pretty good. The only down side is it’s easily to scratch. Powder coat is much more durable.

I

I degreased with purple power then wipe down with clean shop towels and let it dry in the house for a day. Then self echoing primer and 3 coats of black and two coats of clear. Normally I would
Have it powder coated but my guy is 1 1/2 away and high temp engine paint holds up pretty good. The only down side is it’s easily to scratch. Powder coat is much more durable.
Thank you.

Enjoying Florida winter.

90D3FFFE-278B-45C5-80C5-0FA03B22F781.jpeg

Mounted up drivers side Yotatech gull wing. Seems well built and lighter than expected.
Damn, whoever is in their video must have tiny fingers. The lip on that inside seal is a biatch and nowhere near as easy as they make it look to get it on. Overall a really easy job tho.
E7F7F9C8-6B44-410A-BEC4-5EC6BEB1708A.jpeg

Mounted up drivers side Yotatech gull wing. Seems well built and lighter than expected.
Damn, whoever is in their video must have tiny fingers. The lip on that inside seal is a biatch and nowhere near as easy as they make it look to get it on. Overall a really easy job tho. View attachment 3226939
Let's see it on the truck.

My land cruiser is a stated value policy. No bickering.

I always hear the deer argument. I live in a pretty animal heavy area. I drive a night a lot. I've hit 1 deer in 26 years of driving and it hit the side of my truck. So the odds of a deer strike vs me having to look at that s*** heel bumper aren't close enough in value for me to own one.
I've hit 3 deer in the last 10 years.

How did you get a stated value policy? What's the insurance company?

I tried and tried to find a stated value policy and could only find one company offering it. But the vehicle had to be kept in a garage and driven less than 5,000 miles a year.

I tried and tried to find a stated value policy and could only find one company offering it. But the vehicle had to be kept in a garage and driven less than 5,000 miles a year.
I have that on at least two of my vehicles with State Farm.

No restrictions. Premium is based on value selected.

I have that on at least two of my vehicles with State Farm.

No restrictions. Premium is based on value selected.
I am with state farm also. I will have to check with them again. Maybe it's different from state to state because state farm definitely told me no stated value policies a few years ago.

I am with state farm also. I will have to check with them again. Maybe it's different from state to state because state farm definitely told me no stated value policies a few years ago.
I regularly ask my agent to provide a current value on my LC and determine if I want to change to stated value. I do not have that on my LC at this time because it is my DD.

I have stated value on my Studebaker and a '70 GMC K2500.

State farm.

No mileage limits. I have 4 cars under it. My 66, 68, lightning, and the hdj81.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom