Just another barn thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moving along. My arcade framing is starting to take shape.

703A476B-8CA0-4B57-98DC-E5E75F5D8CA9.jpeg
3810413A-608B-4FEA-9F34-3978F74A8F08.jpeg
477D3221-CB0D-499A-AA4C-818D8D4AFA50.jpeg

Working on the last few items before Morton pulls off site to let the other subs come in for a bit.

6684B8D2-7EA2-47D1-ABA3-A8C48C5336E5.jpeg

That is as far down as the Morton material will go. The side walls will be finished in some pine that I had harvested from the property this summer. It went off to a local sawmill and cut into 8” wide boards. That wood is now at a local shop being milled for a nice finish.

5C67585A-E4C8-4D95-B5CB-90CFAC0BC803.jpeg

Here is the perforated steel they are using to cut down on sound.

3EF590E6-DD06-4BC9-9498-91BB79B36F8E.jpeg

That looks great with the liner panels and scissor trusses! Nice choice!

I see the screw holes are pre-punched in the ribs. Do they put all the screws, inside and out, in the ribs like that or just in the interior (liner) panels?

That looks great with the liner panels and scissor trusses! Nice choice!

I see the screw holes are pre-punched in the ribs. Do they put all the screws, inside and out, in the ribs like that or just in the interior (liner) panels?
I believe all the panels (inside or out) are done this way.

Reactions: PIP
Morton is done for a few weeks. Pella delayed me again on my windows and now it sounds like March. Who knows when they will ever show up. Put some trucks in the barn just to see how well things are going to fit. As expected, need to find a home for a couple - not really a fan of stacking them in.

F7A55D03-9A9B-4A1D-9378-1B3284D96507.jpeg
964E71FF-EE00-4469-95C2-BF5E60DAF919.jpeg
17B303EB-71DB-42FA-A1E5-34E963C901E4.jpeg

Got Starlink up and operational at the barn today. I had preemptively removed a couple extra trees in order to ensure no obstructions. Moving right along.
I helped my buddy install Starlinkk in his house in remote area of Alaska. Worked like a charm. My understanding is there is a wait to get one?

I helped my buddy install Starlinkk in his house in remote area of Alaska. Worked like a charm. My understanding is there is a wait to get one?
Yes. I know people that have had deposits for over 24 months and still no delivery. I opted for the business premium at the house and barn. Very expensive but I do not have another option. We have very little cell service and no way to get a conventional telephone line so these are really the only way I can communicate with the outside world.

One way around the long wait time is to get the RV version. It's the exact same receiver dish and modem as the home service, but costs a little more per month and supposedly the speed can be cut back if regular home demand is high. That's what I did, and there was no wait at all. Even if it is ever throttled back, I can't tell the difference, since it is still 100x faster and better than the HughesNet it replaced - and a lot cheaper too. It's been a game-changer for us - we can now stream movies and tv that we never could even dream about with HughesNet. Saved a ton of money by replacing both HughesNet and Dish Network with it.

Currently using the Starlink RV version as we speak. Works well actually. I'm able to work remotely on charts and review things which can be difficult at best in the IT world. If the wife doesn't mow over the square dish in the yard I'm good until fiber completed here at the farm.

One way around the long wait time is to get the RV version. It's the exact same receiver dish and modem as the home service, but costs a little more per month and supposedly the speed can be cut back if regular home demand is high. That's what I did, and there was no wait at all. Even if it is ever throttled back, I can't tell the difference, since it is still 100x faster and better than the HughesNet it replaced - and a lot cheaper too. It's been a game-changer for us - we can now stream movies and tv that we never could even dream about with HughesNet. Saved a ton of money by replacing both HughesNet and Dish Network with it.
Pretty much everything on the east coast is on a wait list so the RV model gets throttled during peak hours. I used it briefly on the main house before the premium model showed up and it was definitely slower in the evening hours. The premium has priority over everything else so no more problems.

Garage door installer showed up today and got to work. They are only able to install these two doors until Morton is able to get back and install the remaining trim panels on the inside. I have another 13 foot tall door on the side that is glass as well.

32C26DDD-0DEF-4B10-976D-4956C29B3F8A.jpeg

The company recommended that I powdercoat the tracks and hardware to match the panel trim. Pretty pleased with the result.

A354470F-028F-49CB-88E2-FF682C1071E2.jpeg

Looking good! I just had exactly the same custom trim formed up for under a door track and spring in my shop. I feel a little smarter seeing that Morton does it exactly the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom