PNW 67 Patina Blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Block drain back in place.

thumbnail_IMG_6959.jpg

Looking good! You should rebuild your carb now that your intake looks new!

Back onto buttoning up the cooling system. I bought a kit for the coolant hoses but it didn't quite work out. I needed one more piece of hose for the lower coolant line.

I actually had a great experience at an O'Reilly's. I usually have to walk in with part numbers. This time I asked about bulk hose and the dude said no dice larger than an inch but I could go scrounging around their heater hoses and look. I figured I could find something that I could cut up. He mentioned that they are priced by the bend so I looked for an elbow.

Et voila!

thumbnail_IMG_7008.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7009.jpg

It was covered in dust. Dude said it had probably been there since long before he started working that job. So he gave me hell of a discount!

Here we go.

thumbnail_IMG_7015.jpg

First test fitting. The bends on the coolant pipe are not at right angles. This is how it lays naturally.

thumbnail_IMG_7017.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7018.jpg

Final measurements. Upper hose on the coolant pipe is just under 4 inches. Bottom hose is just under 3.

Last piece of the coolant puzzle, the rear heater lines. When I cleaned up my heater, I put the ports at 90 to the base. But mine is in an odd location. Looking back at the old pics, it was clocked a bit. At 90, the lines hit this seat belt eyelet.

This pic was take from the side, so it looks off but they are at a 90 to the base.

thumbnail_IMG_7026.jpg

Clocked a bit to the side.

thumbnail_IMG_7027.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7028.jpg

I used my old tank to test the line locations. I'll be ordering up one of CoolerMan's rear heater plugs along with a few other things.

thumbnail_IMG_7031.jpg

And that does it. Next up is a pressure test.

I haven't had much time to wrench this week. I did manage to do a pressure test. I found 3 leaky hoses. I tightened them up and it held 4lbs overnight.

thumbnail_IMG_7059.jpg

Buuuuuuuuut there was a dinner plate sized puddle of water on my shop floor in the morning. I need to investigate that. And do a shorter test with higher pressure. Fingers crossed it's another loose hose.

Since the rear heater is back in place, I can put the driver's seat back for now. I need to fix my hold down clamps though.

I got a nice and complete set of hold down clamps from the 66 that @65swb45 is parting out. They are white. Shell white or lily white I think. I'm not sure yet. Mine are obviously capri blue.

thumbnail_IMG_7069.jpg

My original plan was to just swap the loops onto mine. I might still do that. Or maybe not. If I just install them as is, it kind of tells a story. Who knows, maybe some time down the road I'll run into some dude with capri blue clamps on their white FJ40 and we could swap haha.

I'll clean up both and see how they look.

Since the rear heater is back in place, I can put the driver's seat back for now. I need to fix my hold down clamps though.

I got a nice and complete set of hold down clamps from the 66 that @65swb45 is parting out. They are white. Shell white or lily white I think. I'm not sure yet. Mine are obviously capri blue.

View attachment 3231077

My original plan was to just swap the loops onto mine. I might still do that. Or maybe not. If I just install them as is, it kind of tells a story. Who knows, maybe some time down the road I'll run into some dude with capri blue clamps on their white FJ40 and we could swap haha.

I'll clean up both and see how they look.
That’s a good plan.

When I bought my blue 45, it had bucket seats in it. Took basically a decade before a sh-tty set of lime green stock seats became available. Two sets and 4 years later I fell into a blue pair from @poorboypulling that I am still running. Fabric deteriorating after 14 years of near daily use. Then they got a new lease on life with a pair of covers from @tahoe40/45.

And all without me lifting a finger to change the color myself.😉

That’s a good plan.

When I bought my blue 45, it had bucket seats in it. Took basically a decade before a sh-tty set of lime green stock seats became available. Two sets and 4 years later I fell into a blue pair from @poorboypulling that I am still running. Fabric deteriorating after 14 years of near daily use. Then they got a new lease on life with a pair of covers from @tahoe40/45.

And all without me lifting a finger to change the color myself.😉

Love it!

I haven't have much shop time these last few weeks. I did manage to get the toolbox/seat latches in place.

First pic after a CLR bath.

thumbnail_IMG_7085.jpg

I used some lacquer thinner and got that white top coat off.

thumbnail_IMG_7098.jpg

I had to do a little light metal work to bring back the mount profile that needs to clear the toolbox lid.

thumbnail_IMG_7100.jpg

Installed. They wink at ya like a set of bright white venneers haha!

thumbnail_IMG_7105.jpg

I was going to put the jack under the seat but I tried to operate it and it's frozen up. So I opened it. Should be an easy refresh. It looks like my underseat toolbox was holding water at some point, so I was expecting a rust filled jack. This was a nice surprise.

thumbnail_IMG_7125.jpg

Not gonna paint it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom