What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...anybody know if clear signal lenses are available? Edit: found em on ebay in clear and smoked for $15.

Screenshot_20230120_201735_Gallery.jpg

I rebranded.

Last edited:
Wife stitched on my new steering wheel cover. Easy to pop off the wheel to hand to her. :) Photo washes it out but it matches well. I've got the same brand on my 100 Series.

View attachment 3217354
She did a great job! What brand is that steering wheel cover?

such arb hate around these parts!
In areas that are very heavily populated with deer, an ARB could be the difference between hair-marks on your bumper vs. a very expensive repair job. Keep in mind the ARB was origninally build in Australia for Kangaroos.

So took a plunge and enrolled in Rally school. Figured it would help improve my non existent off road skills.
What transpired was 2 days of utterly difficult trail!
Rock climbing, dunes, soft sand, hard sand and quite a lot tricks and challenges.

I pushed the car extremly hard (and aside from being an utter noob and trying to take a very tough climb with almost 30 psi on my tires, apparently I was left to learn the hard way ..... ) I started to get a feel of just how fantastic the 80 and how it was designed for such off-roading conditions. Even one that still needs a lot of work and was not well maintained.

I have a lot of pics and videos , once I do some editing will post them truly beautiful scenery.

First thing on my todo is to go back to AWD, hate having to engage central diff so 4x4 is engaged.
I do have a transfer case that was not changed so will see if I can install it before the next course.

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1339.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1308.JPG

Last edited:
In areas that are very heavily populated with deer, an ARB could be the difference between hair-marks on your bumper vs. a very expensive repair job. Keep in mind the ARB was origninally build in Australia for Kangaroos.

There are other bumpers that do as well and don't look like they're made for a different rig.

Also that's why we have insurance.

I agree the ARB is played out but it’s a classic.
But the Delta looks like something off a FJ cruiser.

I'll admit the Delta is extreme and is either love or hate. I love mine.

I don't think the ARB is played out. I think it looks like it was designed for the 60 series. It's lines do not match the 80 at all.

I don't think the ARB is played out. I think it looks like it was designed for the 60 series. It's lines do not match the 80 at all.
I like the Delta front bumper more than the their rear bumper. Prefer the Slee Short Bus or the 4x4 Labs fronts. I will be getting the 4x4 Labs rear hopefully soon.

Also that's why we have insurance.

Insurance equals stress, head ache, and a $2,000.00 offer for a totalled vintage vehicle that most likely has $10,000.00+ invested in it. Than the a month of submitting comparable vehicles and begging the lords of the insurance companies for an actual fair settlement.

I would take an ugly bumper over dealing with insurance anytime.

Agreed!
And I agree on the ARB on the 60
The lines of the 80 are rounded it looks like an appendage hanging off the front.
And I like the Delta sometimes on black.
It would look a lot better on the 80 if it was closer to the truck.
It also sticks off the front of a 60 way too much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom