Cruiser Sighting Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Special shout out to Ted Eakins 78 FJ40 that made the Featured Cruisers in the July/August issue of Toyota Trails. What an awesome rig. What’s the story on the howitzer ?!

View attachment 3083227

View attachment 3083228
Thanks! I was blown away that I was selected on the first round! The rocket launcher is an AT4, decommissioned. It is a Swedish 84 mm (3.31 in) unguided, man-portable, disposable single-shot, shoulder-fired smoothbore recoilless gun anti-tank weapon. I got it from a militaria auction. It is some of the bling I have to take to car shows.
Edit: I just figured out you were referring to the field gun. It's a 57mm anti tank gun on display in front of the local American Legion post. They have two of them. I was told they are still government owned if displayed at an American Legion or VFW.

Last edited:
Here's a shot of a friend's 1944 MB.
20220918_154912.jpg

nice

My son texted me this afternoon and told me he spotted a mustard yellow fj40 heading south on Reed Hartman hwy in Blue Ash, OH yesterday afternoon around 3:45 pm. He wanted to know if I knew who it was. Well I live in central Indiana. I told him I would try to find out who it was. Does this Cruiser sound familiar?

Last weekend on Saturday April 15th I was parked at a gas station with my red FJ40 in New Richmond Ohio and someone approached me and said he was building an FJ40 with a fiberglass tub. I'm curious if he's on this website. I'd like to checkout his build. I'm also curious how many other folks with Land Cruisers there are in southwest Ohio.

Edited: I didn't mean to limit it to FJ4x's.

Last edited:
I live south of Feliciy, but tend to roam around the east side of Cincinnati. About 20yrs ago I lived in Norwood with a white 40. I didn't mean to exclude southeast IN & NKY.

It’s been in PR since 2004.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom