Builds Stretched 1-Ton FJ40 (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are a few more pictures

C1749AC4-BA46-410B-BFCD-06478C92E323.jpeg

D8A21C9D-8418-40D8-AD2D-FFB9F5BF7096.jpeg

5E4A6BDC-7A09-40C0-BB95-3EA5D98DC6D8.jpeg

0AC37283-D5A8-4961-9CBA-368FF9D886C3.jpeg

37B95804-8528-4740-BDEB-96203FD27AD8.jpeg

I would not worry about the front rubbing on the lower link, mine does that with 40's. I am still unsure if the rear is going to hit the coilover when flexed....

I’m not concerned with the lower link. I am concerned with the bib clearance.
I think that the tire will clear the coilover in the rear when flexed but I might need to move the mount inward a bit on the axle. I wish that I had that junk coilover to test fit.

Last edited:
I ordered my coilovers fron Accutune today. I went with 14” coilovers front and rear per their recommendation due to my limited up travel. I did this to eliminate the need to go with a three stage spring. I trust that they know what they are doing and I can easily work these in with my existing front towers by moving the shock tabs a bit.

I ordered my coilovers fron Accutune today. I went with 14” coilovers front and rear per their recommendation due to my limited up travel. I did this to eliminate the need to go with a three stage spring. I trust that they know what they are doing and I can easily work these in with my existing front towers by moving the shock tabs a bit.
14s are alot of coilover

I am back at it this weekend. I have the junk tub installed and I am mocking it in place to get ready for the coilovers, which will be here tomorrow! I am fairly confident with the clearances. I was afraid that the tire to top mount clearance would be too tight, and it is close!

FYI, for those who may be upset that I cut this tub, it was so rusty that I didn’t need to cut much to clear the tires. My Aluminum tub will have 4” taller fender wells in the rear so I think that I am in good shape. This tub was headed for the crusher and the lips are excellent. Let me know if you want those.

9BBBC981-8983-479F-A7B5-0A919545C402.jpeg

5A5995D8-65D9-4D86-94CA-D2782DC101A5.jpeg

64CBC80A-3373-40AA-8072-49B3F8327D8E.jpeg

59F19F67-11A4-4A44-9BCF-CE4083D2D881.jpeg

4AA597CB-5DEC-43AE-975D-C0CA45206115.jpeg

I am back at it this weekend. I have the junk tub installed and I am mocking it in place to get ready for the coilovers, which will be here tomorrow! I am fairly confident with the clearances. I was afraid that the tire to top mount clearance would be too tight, and it is close!

FYI, for those who may be upset that I cut this tub, it was so rusty that I didn’t need to cut much to clear the tires. My Aluminum tub will have 4” taller fender wells in the rear so I think that I am in good shape. This tub was headed for the crusher and the lips are excellent. Let me know if you want those.

View attachment 3246553

View attachment 3246554

View attachment 3246555

View attachment 3246558

View attachment 3246559
Making me want to mount my new tires and get the dirty ones off lol. I also have spent the last 2 weekends under mine doing this exact same stuff. Raise check lower check .

Making me want to mount my new tires and get the dirty ones off lol. I also have spent the last 2 weekends under mine doing this exact same stuff. Raise check lower check .
I really like these tires. If I ever build that custom 50’s COE flatbed on a Duramax chassis (not that I have a specific look in mind) I might have to purchase a set of these sticky tires.

I can’t wait to finish this suspension and move on to other things. I spent way too much time on this part but it is starting to come together.

where do your anti-rocks attach Mike?

Do you have bump stops in yet?

where do your anti-rocks attach Mike?

Do you have bump stops in yet?
I haven’t attached the rear anti-rock links yet as I am still working to fit them in between the shock and tire. I anticipate the mount being close to the inside of the axle shock mount. Let me know if you have concerns.

I do not have bump stops or limit straps installed yet. I’ll work those in last.

Well is it done 😃. Do the coilover fit 😳🙏. Or should I look on marketplace for a project 40 😀.

@DangerNoodle, do your coilovers only have rubber grommets for the top mount? Mine only came with 8 grommets zip tied to the upper mounts and steel spacers zip tied to the lower mounts.

I can't remember. I think I have spacers on both, but Idk.

I can't remember. I think I have spacers on both, but Idk.
I have spacers on both ends, too. I only have enough rubber grommets for one end. I did some research and these rubber grommets are intended to keep the shock from rotating within the mounting surface and they are not needed for all applications. I’ll remove them and see if my shock can rotate enough to touch the mounting surfaces.

22F3D494-EAD2-44D1-93CA-5A5CDEDB5CF6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom