SAS Solid Axle Summit #7 Official Page (2 Viewers)

SAS #7 Color Choices for Swag and Trail Flags

• • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 31 33.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another first timer here... Planning on making it but the campground is full, which absolutely takes the fun out of being part of the group shenanigans.

Does anyone have extra room or sites they would share? It would be myself and possibly family member in my roof top tent 80 series.

Additionally, for us that didn't get a site, would anyone have any suggestions to alternative places to camp close by? maybe we could get a group together...
We should have room for ya. PM me for details

@80sgirl @Muddy Feet Thanks for the heads up. I didn't last year. But Now I know I have competition I will this year. Must have SAS on the mind had a dream about this last night . GOOD TIMES and yet just the beginning

92FBA8B0-8184-4B9C-92AD-C8AC62831BEE.jpeg

I well be there again !!

3WzOjnhm4afFmriTMY-yFzGs-LvLtJdKWUT1bBD9jiaFsLXRUYEdgNx-L-uH7iamU08BTnU-VwrqrPs2yGjrQWmVTIfj5crM9z4EWKse12oEi4TtT8dK276jFVqrIDXS1cLHvC3uAtVo6R3NR8SwUkGWWI07lnbHXNH4tquD5ixT2WqlCr5Qjsb8RDNY336KcMWIZ5nHiXdnK026E0GqKDG4Bzr8-29hYalvvVU53lsXpD0id2Da8m0ggTNQzuZE0lFOQ2nkt3FjkMCx8VU1MX_Jo78BlLF92VEJZQ6rn_kDlhMFSOS97ts-GAGKS-xCT6ypfbdDIM3IroZs_mom-05Vyt0H6ekg9DePWb2cMtJHUyDxJVHC4N_x4Sq1UO8zSeodCaDT6aGttlvXqmfoBOG_16d4hq1yIxg3cV3VUCHuSRj98g1OGouIZUQOjGRUIDaLetTK7GBxXBgHa4NkFKLT2ZRBY_DQZb78NXB0zRu15lmChKnSL5G2lD1xY-LzTE0Zc5_iSudLwM6e6EHH8UbQT-EweWE8l8LOQ9G5Lpbq_4mF8b4AtafxZlw4abXC4Y-VPrs7fg8YmtPxd39U8GAV8QKZgcGR0i9VzXX1-Q3_GlHpE11nCMSPCAj3r1QwwBXg9Lo9d7I5pHCj8rrmCTNph_nneBikFherXbmC20xDuj4iiXaO6EuwYXvA-3sZGr6PPPS6CR9OUFF2-XlBoG4Nf-tW3SfEEqF6Hle7Lfx-yptTncNSDsxV3AqaRzb4rJq_lV_YmJ4Dv8GpJ0e1nM-qXvHqaLt6ZClU8kGx_tV8XvDYiqNNcTudmXRRHM1dyeIo-SaBH5H5QyA5V5Chb7aLFWaJ6CGekmAtw_cHGX_000ANkAMwKJnHAMc-eoT9R7clxR2ZE65e3lZpWDNU5IIfPw4Z1Anh3XiN2mmz_Wfc3Q=w705-h939-no

AL9nZEWx3YDYL6NnMFRqpIfgWgGW56uuQ-GMO-e-FSZBkuZdK7rj3FdkXL0achWZj1GMIoCoYdwdd3gLq3L3bQQiu--7xC_GWucU3Fbq3QbsCQCPjdNIzDycdUYF5I3VtS_GaGVHA0WT5MzCFtfOgmx0dNEu=w1008-h939-no

Last edited:
B30D225A-84C7-402E-A459-5811ABFF8D39.jpeg

This lil’ a****** will be there. Sweet as can be to humans. Hates other dogs. He stays fully leashed all the time and mostly hangs at our camp.

He stays fully leashed all the time and mostly hangs at our camp.

I put a leash on my dog, she just looks at me like "why do you hate me?" 😆

Tinker will most likely spend most of the week on an E-collar. Just a complete wimp and a low setting zap makes her snap to attention quickly.

20230109_142821.jpg

"Dad, I think there's a pebble under the bottom blanket. Can you check?"

.....😐

But then everyone will know I'm retarded.

You asked.

-Following distance. What is proper etiquette?

-What channels are used for coms? Is there a specific emergency channel?

-What are the tech inspection requirements?

-Animal concerns? Bear, big cats, middle aged divorced women?

-How much time on trail can be expected each day?

-Any specific tools outside of a small/basic tool kit are a must I haven't thought of?

-Average temperatures? I'm assuming cold as frig above the tree line, but what about in the valley?

-Flats much of an issue? I've got a bunch of spares, but am only planning on bringing the one.

-Tire pressure without bead locks?

A couple observations that may be helpful for first timers:
The following distance thing is a great question, and something I've seen folks struggle with. Your trail leader (if you're falling into a group) should help you out with this. Spatial awareness is very important and leaving enough distance is very important in some areas to ensure you don't get yourself into an embarrassing situation bumping rigs. Some obstacles require a "safety buffer" distance in case someone needs to back up and take another line, or if they loose traction and slide back. If you're in a line of trucks and you crowd up on someone, and everyone behind you does the same, it can be a mess to get folks backed up and spread back out, especially if theres traffic.
Basically, just listen to your trail leader and keep in your mind at all times what the guy or gal in front or behind you may need to do.

Animal concerns? Well, besides James and Jake and Johnny, don't leave trash or food out - bears do come around.

Tools - bring whatcha got, but don't be stressed about it, plenty of experienced folks with lots of tools around who will always be willing to pitch in..

In 5 years of this event, I have not seen a flat happen in any group I've run with. They've happened, but of the two that I'm aware of, one was a tent peg at the campground and another was Jake in choppy getting crazy.

I’m willing to share a site at the KOA I just don’t know where I’m at made reservations in December my check in is on Monday the 31st I’ll be squatting at the KOA that Sunday night

Another first timer here... Planning on making it but the campground is full, which absolutely takes the fun out of being part of the group shenanigans.

Does anyone have extra room or sites they would share? It would be myself and possibly family member in my roof top tent 80 series.

Additionally, for us that didn't get a site, would anyone have any suggestions to alternative places to camp close by? maybe we could get a group together...
We may have an extra tent site, won’t know for a couple of months though if it will be needed.

I'm most likely going to be lagging behind.
If the guy or gal behind you is lagging behind and you come to a fork in the trail make sure that you wait for him or her to see witch way you went !!
Proper trail Etiquette

If the guy or gal behind you is lagging behind and you come to a fork in the trail make sure that you wait for him or her to see witch way you went !!
Proper trail Etiquette
good man👍
its much easier than you think to loose someone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom