Events/Trails ROTM: Saturday, February 11, 2023 - Red Creek (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brices123

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Going to do a run to Red Creek. This will be the Saturday right before the big game (you cannot use the actual name as it is owned by the NFL).

Meet at Pinnacle Peak General Store 8711 East Pinnacle Peak Road Scottsdale, AZ 85255 at 8;30. (I will probably be there early for breakfast).

The run is not stocker friendly (at least the final part isn’t). You could always drive and then ride with someone at the final part of the run.

I won’t be camping, not sure about anyone else.

Let me know if you can go!

Last edited:
Red creek is awesome. I would love to go but I live in Utah now. One of these days I want to land at the air strip there. What is the condition of the trail now, havent done that trail in 20 years.

Good chance I'm in. Maybe talk Graham into going with me.

I’m a maybe

Never done Red Creek. How long is the run ? I assume it is a whole day and return back the same day, i.e. skip camping ?

Never done Red Creek. How long is the run ? I assume it is a whole day and return back the same day, i.e. skip camping ?

Yes, it's pretty much a full day

This route is one of a very few that have a lot of recreational value that are on the chopping block for Tonto National Forest. Their reasoning is that there is a long list of things that live in the area that are sensitive, both flora and fauna. At some point in the future the riparian section of the route, where it turns east, will be closed. While usually that means it's simply not shown on the map, this one may get special attention and be physically blocked. I'm not saying you should go see this beautiful area while you can; I'm simply suggesting that everyone be especially respectful of the area. ;)

Meet at Pinnacle Peak General Store 8711 East Pinnacle Peak Road Scottsdale, AZ 85255 at 8;30. (I will probably be there early for breakfast).

What's to eat there?

What's to eat there?
1674508254123.png

Red creek is awesome. I would love to go but I live in Utah now. One of these days I want to land at the air strip there. What is the condition of the trail now, havent done that trail in 20 years.
as far as I know, the airstrip got closed after a crash several years ago

I'd definitely advise to take your running boards off before you go

too bad I won't be able to join this run

Is this a trail where one would want/needs rock sliders?
Yes, I would recommend them for Red Creek unless the vehicle has a lot of clearance. the storms and ensuing erosion that has taken place over the past 6 months in these watersheds has degraded many trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom