'78 FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sure looks like the WL wire to me.

If I had to bet, it would be for the temp sensor on the head. The black sheath is a clue

If I had to bet, it would be for the temp sensor on the head. The black sheath is a clue
I have seen toyota use yellow with green fir temp, and given the location next to the carb and that single wire with the black sheath, I put 90% odds on that.

Screenshot_20230109_085151.jpg

The temp sender is naked, so that checks out. It's pretty clearly a white with green or blue stripe though. I'll pull the wire off the back of the temp gauge and ohm it out next time I'm in the shop.

Yep, that's the water temp wire. Matt /vintageteqparts kit is very nice.

For a covered wire that suggested YG wire sure looks like a WL wire, not sure how it would have faded to such being covered. It also looks like it’s had a fair amount of current through it at some point - the brown tint in the insulation. And the original temp sending wire would not be that gauge (looks on the order of 10 or 12, not 18 or even 16). @JohnnyFish be careful, mic that wire for sure. And a “white with blue” - WL - is not a ground wire, it’s a hot wire. A white with black - WB - wire is a ground wire, as shown on your attached wire diagram.

on edit: this thread points to what @ERNRAM suggests 1972 FJ40 trying to identify electrical connection - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1972-fj40-trying-to-identify-electrical-connection.1302785/

Last edited:
Trimmed. Kinked. $29 + shipping. Sigh.
View attachment 3212673
Larry
Sorry for the late response. I am just now seeing your comment. I honestly don't jump on MUD as much as I should. I do agree that there is clearly an issue with the hose that was sent to you. It appears that either they were mis labeled or shipped to us incorrectly. Regardless of what exactly happened on our end, we do apologize about the situation and will look in to it to prevent it from happening to others. I have refunded your card for (27.88) the cost of the hose in full. It appears that we gave you free shipping on your order but if for some reason there is something that I am missing there please let me know and I can take care of you there as well.

once again sorry for the issue
Mike 405-863-3393 (texting to this number is best)

Mike, I appreciate that very much. Thank you. I've been a customer for years and will continue to be. I also appreciate the free shipping!

Ichiro won’t hold a vacuum.

This truck is such a tease. It seems so complete, but it needs everything.

I continue to enjoy the project, and I fully realize that as an amateur mechanic I need to be patient and open to learning, but man would it be nice to drive and use this thing once in a while.

Hey Larry,

This is rad, just stumbled upon this thread. If you need a hand, or someone to sit on a bucket drinking beer and telling you “you’re doing it wrong” let me know…

Also, great to see you at AJ’s the other day.

Ian

Hey Larry,

This is rad, just stumbled upon this thread. If you need a hand, or someone to sit on a bucket drinking beer and telling you “you’re doing it wrong” let me know…

Also, great to see you at AJ’s the other day.

Ian
Thanks Ian! I’ll take you up on that.

Several steps forward. Still not there.

FYI: When I encountered a stripped carburetor mounting stud. I was able to insert a M8 Helicoil into the manifold without removing the intake. As I recall it was a firly straight-forward process. Good luck.

FYI: When I encountered a stripped carburetor mounting stud. I was able to insert a M8 Helicoil into the manifold without removing the intake. As I recall it was a firly straight-forward process. Good luck.
Good call. I’ve got the manifold off, but the replacement I have from a 60 doesn’t have fittings for the EGR or brake booster. Seems like a single helicoil could be easier.

Good call. I’ve got the manifold off, but the replacement I have from a 60 doesn’t have fittings for the EGR or brake booster. Seems like a single helicoil could be easier.
I have a 1980 Saudi spec 45, I bought a brand new manifold from binmahmoodstores in Instagram, my old one had an exhaust leak and I just rebuilt my 2F, so it's being replaced. You can have my old one (free) if you like (I believe it should work) you'll just need to pay for the shipping from CA. It might take a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom