Hood warped? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys, I need a little help. So, the 94' I bought had the hood bowing up on both sides but the seller swears it has never been in an accident. I looked in the inner fenders and what I could see on the inside of the lower hood area and didn't see anything odd. I did a quick search on the forum to see if this is common but did not see anything. Can you please take a look at the attached pics and let me know if anyone has some experience with this? thank you

IMG_6783.jpg
IMG_6782.jpg
IMG_6784.jpg

It's really hard to tell over the internet.

Maybe the hood just needs adjusting..... or maybe it has been in a wreck.

Check the fender and body bolts under the hood, look to see if the paint is cracked on the bolts indicating they have been removed for collision repair.

You could also run a carfax....

I agree with @voodu3 and the third picture shows signs of an impact at spots on the front edge of the hood. That frontal impact would correspond with the gaps shown in pictures one and two. From what I see the front left (U.S. drivers) side hit a little harder and is bent a little more.

You could bend the hood back, work the dents out, reglue the structural supports and then repaint the hood if/when you work on the finish of the rest of the truck. You could also just start shopping for a replacement hood.

I'd look around up front to see if there is other damage like to the grill/valance/lights/core support/fenders/bumper/etc.

Edit: looks like a later model valance in that last photo as the grill and valance don't match. There is also visible grill damage and the lights are obvious replacements. None of this is that big of a deal in my opinion and you could roll it like it is until you find the right deal on replacement parts or whatever you decide.

Agree with all above, looks like it's been smacked at some point in it's life.

If you wanted some free advice run it by a local body shop. They should be able to tell you what damage was done in the past and what it would take to fix it. Maybe get a repaint estimate at the same time and report back what they tell you??

Thanks guys, good ideas and info. Appreciate it.

I went ahead and pulled the carfax and no reported accidents but I think you guys are right, whatever hit it on the nose pushed the bow up on the hood and a little less on the passenger side. I’ll take it to a shop and see what they say as well.

I was also looking at this hood and thought it might be cool to have the scoop but I’d like some opinions and help identifying it. That will help me figure out which way to go with it.

9A8C52DD-30C8-4383-A8AF-A7D6E8770093.jpeg

Thanks guys, good ideas and info. Appreciate it.

I went ahead and pulled the carfax and no reported accidents but I think you guys are right, whatever hit it on the nose pushed the bow up on the hood and a little less on the passenger side. I’ll take it to a shop and see what they say as well.

I was also looking at this hood and thought it might be cool to have the scoop but I’d like some opinions and help identifying it. That will help me figure out which way to go with it.

View attachment 3225584
Any thoughts guys?

Any thoughts guys?
Yes.

The previous owner (PO) lied to you.
You were blind to the damage on the front.

The grille is broken.
There is a dent in the hood.
The hood is bent.
The headlights have been replaced because the PO destroyed them in the collision he said he didn't have.

Buy a new (or used) grille and install it.
Buy a new (or used) hood and install it (or straighten the existing one.)
Odds are the radiator support is bent on the DS and may need some tweaking.
Odds are that your radiator will start leaking on that side after 1000 miles of operation.

You don't need a hood scoop. You are not supercharged or turbocharged, so it should stay factory at this point. The pic of the truck you posted has a V8 in it and needs it for the clearance and cooling. Yours doesn't.

@arcteryx and @slow95z have used parts and can get you what you need.

Where are you located?

Ok, way too far away for me to ship body parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom