TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For sure.

Some photos since it is the photo thread. I pretty much just followed the directions in the importing thread by Gilmorneau in the importing section. That plus a visit to ICBC for the BC details is enough to get it done.

View attachment 3208955

View attachment 3208956

View attachment 3208957
You originally had a fj60 with a 3B conversion you did years back then a Hilux? I think I bumped into you last year on Dumont in your Hilux or the year before. Have any pictures of your old 60 series?

Yeah that's right. Here's one on my phone of the old 60. This one came from Wenatchee with a blown engine and then I did the 3b turbo swap. There is a thread buried somewhere on the forums with some details.

IMG_20160323_174556.jpg

A random FJ40 sitting outside a local thrift store. I wonder if its a donation??? I like the after market rear cross member. I should have just made on rather than beat my bent one back into shape.

IMG_1667[1].JPG

IMG_1668[1].JPG

IMG_1670[1].JPG

I am scared of rejection.

A random FJ40 sitting outside a local thrift store. I wonder if its a donation??? I like the after market rear cross member. I should have just made on rather than beat my bent one back into shape.

View attachment 3217922

View attachment 3217923

View attachment 3217925
Not nearly as derelict as you'd think.

frame is really clean, and looks like new springs and shocks.

Guessing someone's bunghole slammed shut when they saw the price increases at aqualu :lol:

Almost reminds me of my green truck when I got it. Brand new zero mile 350 installed, then it sat for 20 years filling up with water...

Heck of a lot of good parts there... not much left of the truck as a whole though.

Got a new hobby. Kind of a Land Cruiser for the water. Been a long project as I built a special deck trailer. Plans to run wilder more isolated waterways up north, like @bcsteel backyard. BTW, thanks for all your help and guidance. Never would have got sucked into this without your help. LOL. Took it out to the San Juan River for christening run. Haven’t had that much fun in a long time. Bigger motor coming, couple of mods to the deck now that I’ve had it out. Weigh scales in Duncan were broken but the boat and motor weigh less than 500 lbs so easy pull for the 12HT.
91236306-8D23-4463-9C7A-6A50606C69D1.jpeg
139D7A6C-29D3-4DAF-98BF-932D5D4A1712.jpeg
61B6056C-1E3D-4D61-9A27-265BED00FA9A.jpeg

Steering Manure.JPG

Either Harry Wagner or his editor should have caught the "Typo"... although some might argue it's the truth. Why do 90% of the work for a P/S conversion and leave out the P/S pump. Fresh components properly adjusted would likely also have remove most of the 33% of play that this conversion removed.

Got a new hobby. Kind of a Land Cruiser for the water. Been a long project as I built a special deck trailer. Plans to run wilder more isolated waterways up north, like @bcsteel backyard. BTW, thanks for all your help and guidance. Never would have got sucked into this without your help. LOL. Took it out to the San Juan River for christening run. Haven’t had that much fun in a long time. Bigger motor coming, couple of mods to the deck now that I’ve had it out. Weigh scales in Duncan were broken but the boat and motor weigh less than 500 lbs so easy pull for the 12HT. View attachment 3224422View attachment 3224423View attachment 3224424
+1! These boats are incredible. Went up the Cariboo River to just shy of the Bowron Lakes chain last November. The ability to cross low water areas as well as rough water was very impressive.
20221101_085610.jpg
20221101_085604.jpg

Shells around at night so when they get stepped on it wakes up your guard dog Chihuahua,
clip playing cards to the spokes of your training bike in the corner you never ride so you can
scare the bad guy into thinking you have an automatic tommygun, like when you were 5
and throw the 9 mm at them, cause every self respecting Land Cruiser person knows that
a 9 mm is useless anyways.

Last edited:
Shells around at night so when they get stepped on it wakes up your guard Chihuahua, clip playing cards to the
spokes of your training bike in the corner you never ride so you can scare the bad guy into thinking you have an
automatic tommygun, like when you were 5 and throw the 9 mm at them, cause every self respecting Land Cruiser
person knows that a 9 mm is useless anyways.
I don't even know if I own a 9mm... I certainly haven't used one in a decade or two. The only use I can think of for a 9mm would be to fit on a 10mm nut or bolt that has been rounded and then filed down a bit to fit a smaller wrench. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom