Bolt on turbo kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same here! Any updates?

I got my kit 4 months ago after waiting almost 3 years for it. Received it missing a part needed to use the darn thing. Still haven’t received that part.

I got my kit 4 months ago after waiting almost 3 years for it. Received it missing a part needed to use the darn thing. Still haven’t received that part.
Dang, that's too bad. Have you been able to reach anyone at the office? Ive reached out a couple times but no reply.

Dang, that's too bad. Have you been able to reach anyone at the office? Ive reached out a couple times but no reply.
Joey is undergoing knee surgery at the moment.

I think it's time for an update Joey...
Seriously.

Not related to Wits End kit, but related to Turbos
Long before I owned an 80, I held the flashlight for a friend while he worked on his drag car.
1FZ-FE* built to make >2000 hp
CD6C6436-306F-41C7-AD68-D5CB9E316D97.jpeg

*block was billet, head was custom…but all had evolved from 1FZ-FE where he started. Improvements made after stock parts failed from optimizing for performance

So the BW turbo I’m using is externally waste gated and yes, one reason is the eventual A/W IC. The J-Pipe is being made with an addition pipe for the WG. Can it support other turbos? Sure, it’s just a single scroll T4 flange Mount but the WG port would need to be plugged in internal WG turbos.

My kit will not have a BoV because it’s not needed on a base setup BUT I will be adding a port for it on the intake tube with a block off plate.
Any word on the A/W inner coolers, as far as if they will one day be a thing, or nah?

Well, I really hate having to write this but I am now moving overseas with the military and can't take my 80 with me. I can no longer keep my turbo order in place.

What I won't do is cancel my order completely and leave Joey with eating the costs. I currently have a spot in line and am willing to sell it to someone who is wanting a turbo. I have reached out to Joey to see how he would like to handle this but if someone is interested in taking over my order/spot in line, shoot me a message. I have a turbo and downpipe blanket on order. Let me know and I will work with Joey to see what he can do.
Hey Tommysosa, was wondering what ever happened with your turbo, if you kept it, if you’re willing to pass it along? Etc etc! I’d be interested in that thing. Assuming maybe the gods don’t take another 2-3 years to make it appear!

Hi all, I have one of the remaining Wits' End turbo kit pre-orders, however I no longer have an 80 series to install it on. Which is both sad and happy.

So I am offering up my pre-order to someone who is interested and would like a turbo kit.

The swap would be for the same price I paid - no markup - with the intent of keeping everyone whole.

I have reached out to @NLXTACY regarding the logistics of transferring the order, and wanted to post here so we could minimize the work Joey needs to do in finding someone to take over my place in line. Shoot me a PM, and we'll coordinate with Wits' End.

Hi all, I have one of the remaining Wits' End turbo kit pre-orders, however I no longer have an 80 series to install it on. Which is both sad and happy.

So I am offering up my pre-order to someone who is interested and would like a turbo kit.

The swap would be for the same price I paid - no markup - with the intent of keeping everyone whole.

I have reached out to @NLXTACY regarding the logistics of transferring the order, and wanted to post here so we could minimize the work Joey needs to do in finding someone to take over my place in line. Shoot me a PM, and we'll coordinate with Wits' End.
Messaged you, bud.

Wanted to let everyone know this turbo kit preorder is still available. Feel free to PM me.

Wanted to let everyone know this turbo kit preorder is still available. Feel free to PM me.
I'd be hitting you up if I didn't already have all my money and patience invested in Joeys non-communicative ass...

I've went through about 100 pages and give up.

How much of an increase in HP does this kit provide? The cost is $5k if you can find someone that wants to sell their spot?

I've went through about 100 pages and give up.

How much of an increase in HP does this kit provide? The cost is $5k if you can find someone that wants to sell their spot?
somewhere in the 300HP and 420ft/lb at the flywheel were the dyno numbers post turbo from memory. The increase is significant. I can tow my trailer now at HWY speeds in Colorado.

I also have a spot in line (no idea where that is because joey wont tell anyone) that I am no longer interested in. Purchased 8/20. Please pm me if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom