For Sale Scottsdale, AZ - 1994 Land Cruiser FZJ75 Troopy - Restored, LHD, EFI, & Front Coils (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(230, 178, 22)
Outside Link
http://www.overlandtheworld.com/

1994 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FZJ75 – TROOP CARRIER “TROOPY” (SCOTTSDALE, AZ)

UPDATE: This has been accepted by Bring a Trailer and should be live around 3/26/2023.

OTA_8811.jpg

SUMMARY

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ75 Troop Carrier (Troopy) Japanese built, Imported to Venezuela. Left-hand-drive. Purchased by the us (seller) in 2019, with a recently rebuilt 1FZ gas motor and subsequently converted to fuel injection. The vehicle was repainted in its original yellow color. The project started off with a coil spring conversion of the front suspension, and then progressed into a mild body off frame restoration.

Last edited:
What a beauty.
The yellow color is by far the best color for the troopy, in my opinion.. If I ever owned a troopy it will be Yellow..
Great built.
Hope it goes to a new home soon..

Looks good , who did the front coil suspension swap ? Looks like there is a mix of oem and homemade parts involved ?

Looks good , who did the front coil suspension swap ? Looks like there is a mix of oem and homemade parts involved ?
Hi Joe, yes. The front coil conversion was done by a fab shop. From my memory, an early 78 series vehicle was used to precisely measure and create a CAD render. Then they made a bracket to weld to our original 75 series frame. It was meant to look and approximate the same dimensions as the newer Troopy front ends. After that, bolt on suspension upgrades (OME) and OEM parts were used. It should be hassle free for the new owner for years to come.

Hokey Smokes, that's pretty!
All you'd need to do is put a set of whitewalls on it and-----

OW!!!

That's gonna leave a bruise...

What a beauty.
The yellow color is by far the best color for the troopy, in my opinion.. If I ever owned a troopy it will be Yellow..
Great built.
Hope it goes to a new home soon..
Agree! That color matches my eyes.

This is nice, but not $75k nice. This is the practical not posh crowd. Those prices might work on ebay or BAT, but not here.

Nice truck! Don't see many of these. It would cost this much to build one, but the price indicates you are expecting full price for the mods? I could see $55K...

Nice truck! Don't see many of these. It would cost this much to build one, but the price indicates you are expecting full price for the mods? I could see $55K...

Thx tampacruiser, you’re right that you don’t see these in the US very often and almost never with LHD, EFI, & front coil suspension. If by “mods,” you mean the cost of the frame off restoration, yes I’d like to get my money back. If you included time, the price would be 3X this.

Do you have any data on your estimate of $55k?

Just basing it on price I've seen on other troopies on different sites. Haven't seen a price this high unless built by TLC Co

As advised earlier, try BAT. Getting your money back does not usually happen. Building a rig to a profit from market price may. No stone left unturned approach rarely does. It’s a beautiful truck. Might even want to try Mecum. GLWS.

As advised earlier, try BAT. Getting your money back does not usually happen. Building a rig to a profit from market price may. No stone left unturned approach rarely does. It’s a beautiful truck. Might even want to try Mecum. GLWS.
No stone left unturned?
I thought it was no left turn unstoned...

Post a comparable, coil-pack, FZJ75 for $55k.
Lol, not here to argue. You won't find something exactly like this. But everyone doesn't value mods the same way.

Beautifully presented. Turn key. I dub it the big yellow cool bus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom