What did you do on your 70 series today? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After owning my Scheel-Mann seats for three years now, I will say I wish I ran covers on them. They wear out fast. My leather is already cracking too, regardless of the maintenance I did to them as per the owner's manual. Kind of a bummer to have split leather on 3-year old seats...

After owning my Scheel-Mann seats for three years now, I will say I wish I ran covers on them. They wear out fast. My leather is already cracking too, regardless of the maintenance I did to them as per the owner's manual. Kind of a bummer to have split leather on 3-year old seats...
That's actually good advice... Get covers to protect your investment!

living in such a dry climate as you do, I wonder if frequent application of leather conditioner would've helped? or perhaps you were already doing that?

That is discouraging. I am about to pull the trigger on the passenger side. Are yours fine corinthian leather or "pleather"?

@FJ73Texas ….. “fine corinthian leather”.
—————————————————————————
Only people of a certain age are going to get that reference. 😁

Although it would look way cool in a 70 Series. 😁
D99D2F95-5D30-49B0-81BB-EBE29164336E.jpeg

That’s pretty disappointing on that pricey of seats.

That’s pretty disappointing on that pricey of seats.

Well I am already 1/2 way in so I ordered the passenger seat today. :meh:

Despite the disappointing report by Bogan on the material, they still feel way better than what I was sitting on before. To be honest, this is the first negative comment I never heard or read about scheel-man seats.

@FJ73Texas ….. “fine corinthian leather”.
—————————————————————————
I believe its "rich Corinthian leather"? 🤣

In terms of WDID...Filled the garage and back alley with white smoke today. 🫣

I attempted to pull my f/c solenoid a little while ago and instead of the top 8mm nut undoing, the whole solenoid's resin top rotated and cracked slightly. I can only assume this is now letting air in? Arghhh. I do have a new solenoid on order but still waiting. Cold starts are now rough, tumble, and smoky. Sigh...

what in the actual f*** happened there?

Machinist didn’t torque down #3 main bearing cap.

Engine go 💥💥

[caveat: I should have checked his work. I didn’t. I was stupid. Don’t be stupid; no matter how good someone is or “I’ve done these things all the time.”]

Machinist didn’t torque down #3 main bearing cap.

Engine go 💥💥

[caveat: I should have checked his work. I didn’t. I was stupid. Don’t be stupid; no matter how good someone is or “I’ve done these things all the time.”]

There is a good analogy in the skydiver's world. They say people rarely fail to pack their chute correctly on the 1st jump or even the 100th jump. It's always somebody who has jumped 1000's of times and at some point, you make a mistake.

Last edited:
wow

trump sad.gif

living in such a dry climate as you do, I wonder if frequent application of leather conditioner would've helped? or perhaps you were already doing that?
Oh I was doing that already... And the car is in a carport, so no direct sun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom