LX470 Folding Mirror Switch Type (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hoping to have someone with an LX470 confirm the folding mirror button operation for me. Is the button for the folding mirrors a momentary operation push button (push & release and mirrors fold in/out) or is it a alternate Operation type (push in/stays in, push again and it comes out)? Part Number is 84870-60080

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 22-21-03 Lexus Toyota Genuine Land Cruiser LX470 Outer Mirror Adjusti...png

Here to confirm that's the case on my 99 LX as well. Push the button and it stays in/mirrors fold in. Push again and button pops out/mirrors fold out.

Hoping to have someone with an LX470 confirm the folding mirror button operation for me. Is the button for the folding mirrors a momentary operation push button (push & release and mirrors fold in/out) or is it a alternate Operation type (push in/stays in, push again and it comes out)? Part Number is 84870-60080

Thanks!

View attachment 3222643
I notice you have a ‘99 LC. I put that switch in my ‘98 LC and used the push switch to turn my daytime running lights on & off. It also has backlighting. Here’s the wiring info if you need it:

Last edited:
I notice you have a ‘99 LC. I put that switch in my ‘98 LC and used the push switch to turn my daytime running lights on & off. It also has backlighting. Here’s the wiring info if you need it:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/di...ay in. [/QUOTE] Thanks for the confirmation!

Wow, really appreciate you took the time to respond and link your project! I love this forum but it can be really hard to find exactly what you need because there is just so much info. One of the responses in your DRL thread had exactly what I was looking to do with this switch, a stealth vehicle kill switch. Even with wiring diagram and starter pin/location so thanks again. I owe you a beer if you ever make it to the Washington Coast.

Push in stay in for my 2006.

Side question on this switch - does this have a backlight? Mine’s not. Not sure if this has a bulb and mine’s just busted. Would love to make it light up again, hard to see that push in switch at night w/o the backlight.

Side question on this switch - does this have a backlight? Mine’s not. Not sure if this has a bulb and mine’s just busted. Would love to make it light up again, hard to see that push in switch at night w/o the backlight.
From my research it seems the LX mirror control will light up but the LC mirror control will not. it doesn't appear the push button on the LX for folding mirrors lights up.

Mine does light up, 05 LX470
light bulb: 8499910470
Green Cap: 8499810430

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom