1FZFE 5.2L Turbo Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We'll see. There's a massive intercooler on it with rapid airflow...
Is the intercooler in front of the radiator? If so, that will compound the problem. I got that T-shirt.

The shop doing this work has a real challenge in front of them. Takes a lot more work than most realize to out-do Toyota's best engineers and build a better 80 series.

Feeding the engine cool air from the opening in the inner fender will make a big difference if/when you discover it gets very, very hot under an 80 hood in warm weather.

Now lets see that dyno video!

Reactions: JMM
Is the intercooler in front of the radiator? If so, that will compound the problem. I got that T-shirt.

The shop doing this work has a real challenge in front of them. Takes a lot more work than most realize to out-do Toyota's best engineers and build a better 80 series.

Feeding the engine cool air from the opening in the inner fender will make a big difference if/when you discover it gets very, very hot under an 80 hood in warm weather.

Now lets see that dyno video!
It's an easy option; we're right by that original connection anyway. Dealing with the old can was just a pain in the a$$...

(Everything is built for 600hp+, but we probably won't go there regardless.)

Did it fire right up? I am concerned as I am doing a similar non turbo build, and I know we need a quick fire up for a proper break in.
Yes. On regular injectors and factory ECU, it ran fine wirh no boost. (Bigger injectors and second ECU, it got a little confused until they gave it a base tune...)

So you stayed stock for fireup and break in? I am concerned about mine as it is a bit larger and not sure if stock will handle it to fire and break in.
It is 114 stroke and there will be so many changes, cams, ignition etc. Any other comments on setting up so initial fire up andrun in happens quickly?
Thanks

So you stayed stock for fireup and break in? I am concerned about mine as it is a bit larger and not sure if stock will handle it to fire and break in.
It is 114 stroke and there will be so many changes, cams, ignition etc. Any other comments on setting up so initial fire up andrun in happens quickly?
Thanks
They left it as close to stock as possible for first start-up; even duct-taped the old MAF sensor in front of the turbo temporarily. As long as you don't drastically change air or fuel, the ECU might get it done regardless... we were even missing an O2 sensor... ran totally fine bored/stroked to 5.2L...

They left it as close to stock as possible for first start-up; even duct-taped the old MAF sensor in front of the turbo temporarily. As long as you don't drastically change air or fuel, the ECU might get it done regardless... we were even missing an O2 sensor... ran totally fine bored/stroked to 5.2L...
Thanks for that. Mine will be a while. Just finish block maching, but so much more to do yet, probably another 6 months. cheers,

Early acceleration runs on AWD dyno @ ~6psi boost with 35" mud tires = putting 270hp and 450 lb ft to the ground already...

image000001.jpg

Making some steam!! We need videos now... what kind of dyno is this on?
Dynocom AWD chassis dyno (capable of measuring 2200whp and 175MPH)... I've seen a twin-turbo Viper put down 1,800whp there...

Well, guys - I finally got an actual road test in my Cruiser. Upgraded fuel pump and idle control will finish things up soon (the new fuel pump will better support boost up top; OEM was pretty anemic on volume).

Summary = unrelenting rumbly thrust with epic turbo noises in all the right places.

stop teasing us
:beer:

• Haha
Reactions: JMM
we need videos of said turbo awesomeness

Well, guys - I finally got an actual road test in my Cruiser. Upgraded fuel pump and idle control will finish things up soon (the new fuel pump will better support boost up top; OEM was pretty anemic on volume).

Summary = unrelenting rumbly thrust with epic turbo noises in all the right places.

I decided you suck!

We need video! . . . Now Mr! :slap:

This thread in summation:

“look how powerful my cruiser is! So much work and money and time went into it!”

Forum: “Where is it?”

“Let me show you”

Forum: “Okay I’m looking!”

“Here you go. It’s right here, behind the curtain. All you need is x-ray ****ing vision”.

For **** sake, the guy will get a video, he is just enjoying his truck. It took me a while to post videos just because you already have your hands full trying to watch gauges, feel for any issues, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom