What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (94 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was thinking of putting my PUMA in that spot. How hard was it to relocate the PS reservoir?

Got after a rear bumper instal. Picked up a used KayMar from a fellow Mud member that arrived this past Friday. Tore right into, took a quick inventory before sandblasting the parts that had some rust. Did my best to straighten out any bent tabs I came across and then gave it a half decent rattle can paint job. Got her all installed on Sunday. Need to tidy up some wiring for the tail lights and relocate the camera. I’m pretty satisfied on how it came out, I didn’t have a template to make my cut so I gave it my best guess and it came out damn good! Some adjustments will need to be made to the jerry can swing but nothing I don’t think I couldn’t figure out.

B6BA0124-F4A2-47F6-A1C0-59D46A4492FD.jpeg

59FEF97E-675E-41BC-9F42-4B4276A024AB.jpeg

00088CD5-11FC-47B0-87EF-DBF7E7A8E368.jpeg

3A6322BF-8FFF-48E2-967A-4BBE469A66B6.jpeg

838F652C-7EC4-406D-A880-9580F487FCEA.jpeg

Picked up a Grom off FB Marketplace. Almost finished the install before running out of daylight. Removed the factory cigarette lighter and used that spot for the USB port. Had planned on mounting the Grom behind the head unit like others have but it was tight. Ran the wires to the passenger side so I can mount the Grom in the glovebox later this week.

View attachment 3219513

View attachment 3219514

View attachment 3219515
What did the grom cost you and why grom instead is there any other headunits available like joying units

Had the Dobinsons Twin tube lift installed with the
Front Springs: (C59-542) LIFT WITH UP TO 110LBS OF LOAD
Rear Springs: (C59-559V) 50MM/2.0" LIFT NO LOAD

I wanted something basic that I could just install and forget. I went with the Ironman 4x4 UCAs.
Ended up getting 2" of lift in the front and 1" in the rear. So far I'm very satisfied with the ride.
Its slightly firmer than stock without being harsh. I'm still running the stock dunlops but will be
replacing them with probably 285/65/18 Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs soon.
27CA9653-5E04-4C7A-BCB6-B5BBE12251A3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
5E2B8D8D-1468-46EB-9CCC-C5F08D6F7A7E.jpeg
0B9C7B9E-3FDD-4E95-839A-E50B5452177D.jpeg

What did the grom cost you and why grom instead is there any other headunits available like joying units
Grom is around 650, and they run semi regular “group buys” at about 15% off. The Grom itself is just a dated Android box, but the magic is in all the CANBUS integration. It allows them to give you a semi seamless integration with OEM system. There are no visual clues whatsoever that anything is installed. Basically irs always running in the background and when you switch to whichever audio input it is assigned (it varies by model) it grabs the video screen and overlays the Android unit. Then when you switch to some other OEM function like climate control, it senses that and releases the screen back to the OEM system.

Changed the cabin air filter, fast and easy with no hang ups. Also put the 3rd row seats back in. Realistically I don't see drawers happening any time soon, or anything else that'd require them out anymore. Clears up some space in the garage as well. Now I can carry more vagrants around.

Changed the cabin air filter, fast and easy with no hang ups. Also put the 3rd row seats back in. Realistically I don't see drawers happening any time soon, or anything else that'd require them out anymore. Clears up some space in the garage as well. Now I can carry more vagrants around.

So glad that I'll never need the third row seats back in mine ever again.

So glad that I'll never need the third row seats back in mine ever again.
I've thought about taking the second row out...

I've thought about taking the second row out...

I have the drivers side of the second row and the whole third row removed.

Once mine is retired from daily duty, another 1-2 years max, I plan to remove one side of the second row as well.

Turned 80,000 on the way to a Rangers game this eve. Other than the self inflicted damage or breakage this vehicle has been awesome. Even then, it got me home when i really really broke it. First vehicle I've owned since new, and really don't see it leave the stable any time soon.
Edit: BOOBS was also achieved

20230119_165240.jpg

20230119_225600.jpg

Last edited:
Turned 80,000 on the way to a Rangers game this eve. Other than the self inflicted damage or breakage this vehicle has been awesome. Even then, it got me home when i really really broke it. First vehicle I've owned since new, and really don't see it leave the stable any time soon.

View attachment 3224037
What did you end up fixing when your alignment was ****ed? Drive the same since?

I really didn't like the amount of fab work required or shipping box size of my first rear bumper, I updated the design to make things for an easier install and shipping.

This design will keep out debris from the rear bumper area and will allow for bolt on mud flaps.

I will be putting a "used" section on the site where you will be able to buy my unwanted custom parts so keep an eye out, maybe you will be able to pick up my rear tube bumper for cheap. :)

Also the design of the rear recovery points is finished. These need to be made from 7075-T6 to get the 2x safety factor at 10k lbs.
These should fit a bunch of other Toyota models that have 35mm bolt spacing.

rear bumper v2 2.JPG

rear bumper v2.JPG

rec sm.JPG

rec.JPG

Slight lift and tires added by the best shop near Chicago...Yotaworks LLC. Love how it turned out. Simple and clean.

Tires: 275/70/18 BFG KO2s
Bora Wheel Spacers at 1in
Lift: WestScott Collar only in the front. Truck is completely level.
Front fender needed to be pushed forward to stop rubbing.

20230120-EP0A9542-HDR-2.jpg

20230120-EP0A9572-2.jpg

20230120-EP0A9548-HDR-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom