Rivian R1S vs LC thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Would you trade in your Land Cruiser for a Rivian R1S/R1T?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The world will still run on fossil fuels for decades to come. Period.
No doubt. I just think Hydrogen will be a more long term viable renewable resource than batteries. Biofuels may eventually pull into the mix as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback, dingledong. The Rivian is a piece of junk.

Literally 30 seconds of searching. Written by a snowflake no less!

View attachment 3213787
And we have had people on this forum with catastrophic engine failure on their late model 200s. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

And we have had people on this forum with catastrophic engine failure on their late model 200s. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.
tumblr_inline_p16b970YlD1qzx43c_250.gif

One of these things is not like the others.

View attachment 3221882View attachment 3221883
Cool toys.

Nothing against the Rivian (except it's goofy headlights), but I am paying attention to the Vanderhall Brawley UTV's development. Once I move out to TN, you can register and drive UTV's there as long as you don't drive them on state roads (you can cross them). All electric, 4 motors, 35" tires, 22" of suspension travel,18" of clearance and 90 degree approach and departure angles. Enclosed....A/C and heat. Very interesting. Pre orders are all sold out.

For short halls. Looks like fun.

Cool toys.

Nothing against the Rivian (except it's goofy headlights), but I am paying attention to the Vanderhall Brawley UTV's development. Once I move out to TN, you can register and drive UTV's there as long as you don't drive them on state roads (you can cross them). All electric, 4 motors, 35" tires, 22" of suspension travel,18" of clearance and 90 degree approach and departure angles. Enclosed....A/C and heat. Very interesting. Pre orders are all sold out.

Has a 112" wheel base too :)

Hmmm…go to 10 min mark….

Cool toys.

I know a lot of guys putting $50K into their UTV/Side by Sides, or $20K on tricked out golf carts. I don't really get that but toys are toys, and as far as toys go, this thing does look pretty fun.

Last edited:
Yea.looks like they did their homework. It isn't your normal, get dirty, dusty, wet and muddy utv. You got heated seats, ac, an electric motor for each wheel, ecrawl , ecrab mode, etank, and esteer mode.
And physical toggle switches and analog gauges. No touch screens.

I am super excited to see how the R1S performs on the trail. My LCs aren't going anywhere, but I do have an order for the R1S as well!

Now, if Toyota brings us the LC300 GR with locking diffs you can bet your ass that I'll be selling the R1S for the LC300GR.

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the R1S and R1T on the trail, and they’re not only incredibly capable but super quiet, comfortable and easy to drive. They are the only thing I’d choose over a 200, but I still won’t sell mine!

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the R1S and R1T on the trail, and they’re not only incredibly capable but super quiet, comfortable and easy to drive. They are the only thing I’d choose over a 200, but I still won’t sell mine!

You say that now lol.

What happens to all these trucks if Rivian goes bankrupt? Will another company pick up service/spare parts manufacturing?

What happens to all these trucks if Rivian goes bankrupt? Will another company pick up service/spare parts manufacturing?
Yeah this. Let’s see how these things hold up on the long run. I suspect not well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom