100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello fellas I am starting to look around for a good 100 you could send your daughter to school in. Would prefer something through this group, something relatively regional that I could maybe have vetted through 49 Tire. Please let me know if you know of any.

Hey didn't mean to shut down the thread for a week guys. :oops:

I found one! I think it's gonna be a good one. :beer:

You didn’t shut it down. Crawl did.

Oh I forgot about that. Hope everyone passed a good time.

I bought the tent new about 2 years ago in Los Angeles and have since moved back to Mississippi. I am not doing as much camping as I did while living here and I am looking to sell my RTT. Tent was mounted on a Rhino Rack Pioneer Price is $1000 and I will deliver within an acceptable distance.
  • Open size 95" W x 56" L x 51" H
  • Sleeps 2-3
  • Bed size: Full, 92” x 55”
  • Gray tent body with light gray rainfly
  • (1") 2.5cm aluminum/polyurethane sandwich base
  • Max load rating 660lbs/300kg
  • 600d heavy-duty rip stop polyester, waterproof and polyurethane-impregnated top
  • Anodized aluminum tent frame poles
  • Stainless steel hinges
  • Lightweight, waterproof 420d oxford rainfly
  • 4mm spring steel durable rainfly poles
  • Telescopic anodized aluminum ladder
  • Cover made from heavy-duty 1040gsm, 2000d PVC with Velcro for waterproofing/UV resistant straps
  • LED strip
  • No-see-um mosquito screens
  • 3 inch foam mattress

20210415_162927.jpg

20210504_163736.jpg

20220419_083420.jpg

20220425_182041.jpg

Sad day here for us. Looks like our beloved 2001 100 may be toast. I bought it in 2011 just a few months before Finn was born. Drove it to California and back through the southwest, through the Carolinas, down to Big Bend and all over the south. Was passed down to my oldest, and then my second oldest, and was 5 months shy of getting him through high school. Consensus seems to be cam is seized, so it looks like the smart and not sentimental thing to do is cut my losses. Any opinions welcome on what to do with it. I will probably pull the sliders for my 2005, and would love to move the arb bar and winch, but not sure how difficult it is to get the old style onto an after 2003 truck (any experience here?). Any opinions welcome on what it may be worth? Not really interested in the parting-out business as I don't have a place to do it, but would love to salvage some $ out of it as I've definitely not budgeted a new vehicle right now. Thanks.

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

tempImageaO8FNe.png

If a new-to-you truck isn't in the budget, 2UZs are plentiful, and remarkably cheap! Overall, an engine replacement should be a good bit cheaper than selling a non-running truck and buying another one. I'm assuming everything else on the '01 is in good shape?

That being said, if you DO decide to part with it, let me know.

If a new-to-you truck isn't in the budget, 2UZs are plentiful, and remarkably cheap! Overall, an engine replacement should be a good bit cheaper than selling a non-running truck and buying another one. I'm assuming everything else on the '01 is in good shape?

That being said, if you DO decide to part with it, let me know.
It's in decent enough shape for a 22 year old, 350k truck. Definitely thought we'd get at least another 50k out of it. Any ballpark idea what 2UZ's are going for and what that install would run?

It's in decent enough shape for a 22 year old, 350k truck. Definitely thought we'd get at least another 50k out of it. Any ballpark idea what 2UZ's are going for and what that install would run?
I did a really quick search, and it looks like they've gone up a bit. That being said, there are still quite a few out there in the +/- $1,500 range.

That’s a tough call. I dumped a bunch of money in Wills 300+ mile 100 to try to get him through college. 6 months in ….. I’m at about $1200 a month if you divide it down. Every month it lasts that number goes down.

Used cars of any decent caliber are crazy but 100 prices have been falling of late.

Sad day here for us. Looks like our beloved 2001 100 may be toast. I bought it in 2011 just a few months before Finn was born. Drove it to California and back through the southwest, through the Carolinas, down to Big Bend and all over the south. Was passed down to my oldest, and then my second oldest, and was 5 months shy of getting him through high school. Consensus seems to be cam is seized, so it looks like the smart and not sentimental thing to do is cut my losses. Any opinions welcome on what to do with it. I will probably pull the sliders for my 2005, and would love to move the arb bar and winch, but not sure how difficult it is to get the old style onto an after 2003 truck (any experience here?). Any opinions welcome on what it may be worth? Not really interested in the parting-out business as I don't have a place to do it, but would love to salvage some $ out of it as I've definitely not budgeted a new vehicle right now. Thanks.

View attachment 3222201

View attachment 3222202

View attachment 3222203

I have swapped engines in 100 series and its not difficult. Parts engines are easy to find. I sent you a PM about a head and set of cams I can sell you if you decide to repair it.

The 98-02 bumper on a 03 up is not a big deal. You just have to take a cutoff wheel and trim some of the metal lip and grill below the headlights to get the bumper to slide back.

IIRC it’s just about a 1/2” straight across that is hidden by the bumper.

Fix it. It is actually a really easy swap as far as pulling engines and replacing. I imagine you could have a good used engine in your area for $1500. Do a timing belt water pump and fan bracket on it. Another $4-500 if you do seals etc... So 2k in the parts. I would say a good shop can swap it in a 8-9 hours. I've done it in that in a GX (same engine) and I'm not a pro. So say another $1200 or so in labor. What does $3500 get you used now? Nothing! It looks decent in the photos. I imagine it is a 7-8k rig running. Not running maybe $3-3500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom