post 2003 nav delete how to. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally have my parts in, my brother got them on a trip to the Middle East. Trying to find them new has been a complete hassle.

I just pulled my factory radio, vehicle build date 12/02 so definitely early 03.

I get lost whenever I enter this thread, @jerryb @OilHammer, do you have what I need to make this work? Photos from top to bottom of that nav/radio stack, don’t mind the Bluetooth add on in there.

8A6A1751-5C8C-4DC6-90E7-B29BEDC69595.jpeg

25943839-5B5C-44E4-A513-206E5C0117C3.jpeg

45420E8E-B412-4822-829E-C2C2A418AE05.jpeg

inshallah, yes.

I assume you need this but not sure exactly what you're doing. It's been a while for me, I'd have to dig up the male m8 early 2003 info.
This saves you 3 wires I think and gives you an extra one to splice (m8 nav to m9 non nav)

PXL_20220503_110846935.jpg

yes, one extra red-security and the regular pink ambient temp and two data lines yellow in the pic.
you definitely want this, IGN, BAT+, GND and lighting -&+, Body ECU
Leaves you data theft and ambient T.

That's the whole of the upper harness. Message for cost.

has anyone done this with a Mark Levinson system and retained the amp and speakers? Did it work? I had a nightmare when trying on a 2002. Could never get the ML amp to fire up.

yes, one extra red-security and the regular pink ambient temp and two data lines yellow in the pic.
you definitely want this, IGN, BAT+, GND and lighting -&+, Body ECU
Leaves you data theft and ambient T.

That's the whole of the upper harness. Message for cost.
is that red-security wire for the security led or something else security related? Is the wiring diagram for that kind of detail buried in this thread somewhere? I've gone the Teyes Andriod route and there are just a few things missing like the security indicator it would be good to get back.

it's red/green, goes to theft ecu, should be true on hdj 100.
have no idea on teyes regarding lighting -%+.

Locking the thread.
Start a new thread or message me.

Last edited:
This is not on my current list of stuff to do but if sourcing parts is going to take the longest I guess it’s something I should starting preparing for.

I see you said you locked this but it’s unlocked now and I haven’t seen much posts lately with factory nav delete information.

Current plan is just replacing worn old speakers with 2 ohms (pulling doors off for window runs, etc) to get through a year or so, then possible delete nav and go further down this rabbit hole if I can still source the needed parts.

That’s my fault. It was locked but he unlocked it for me to mention I had a bunch of 2003 Nav parts to sell, but I spaced on it and forgot.

If I purchased the complete center console trim with hvac from an overseas model like the one pictured, (including the modules, pigtails and connectors) would this include all the items needed for this conversion? Looks like I’ll still need bracket perhaps?
IMG_2533.jpeg

yes.
no.
Not 100% on the cdl hzd antenna/ seatbelt button module/s being X over compatible. (not pictured)

To expand on all that for everyone.

the assembly is worth it, even at 1000 usd.
the important items relevant are the AC amp part number and the seatbelt SRS lights, which coincide with the year and month of manufacture of your LX/LC.
this will fit in either.

refer back to page one of this thread.
for LC refer back to page one of this thread.
for LX refer to the LX non nav part thread, as below the search will get you there.
1690542964574.png

If anyone looks at this thread and has a spare/unwated 88650-60B80 AMPLIFIER ASSY, it's the last part that I've been trying to track down. I have a 06 with a build date of 09/2005 that is begging for it.

@jerryb Do you happen to have any trim bezels with the inserts for the head unit laying around? Can’t seem to find anything that’s available at the moment.

no, only order them china on ebay.
The ones from the UK are standard sizes for USA double din.
there on ebay aren't they?
I can't search ebay on this internet where I'm at.

Anyone in the central Florida area willing to assist with this conversion? I sourced all the parts from India to do the conversion and now after diving into this I am well above my head. I am in Volusia county and willing to drive to get it done.

I have one harness set available if someone wants it.
gotlocked96, yours is still reserved.

gone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom