What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (99 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

met up with my local support group

5CD35F28-D7EB-45F2-8946-6A56734AAF06.jpeg

Ended up tossing those stock front seats today ! ahh freeing....

Been slowly redoing just about every bushing/ fixing oil leaks installed 4.88’s desmog tune up and some more odd n ends over the last year or so since I convinced my dad to let me have the cruiser the one thing I wanted to do was get it painted until I saw how much just a basic one was. And really just the hood and passenger fender are a little daded from who ever removed the under hood heat insulation which I installed some stuff. I came up with a design to have the hood wrapped instead which I finally got done this last weekend… Thought it came out pretty good.

What do you all think?

4ED1D2AC-84EA-4C60-B1BD-07B95AE81BE7.jpeg

Rescued mrs surfpig who crashed her bike. on a trail. First time I’ve driven in it in more than a month.

Honestly, she's kicked around sticthing on these Loncky steering wheel leathers for some side fun money if there was enough interest. She's doing my brother's currently. She stitches and sells all sorts of stuff on the side apart from her high school teaching job.

The reason she has the patience to do this is that she's a high school teacher...ask me I know! 😁 Did she wrap over the existing leather or take the old stuff off? The price of those covers is nice! Thanks for the link. I am going to Thailand for 3 months so this would be the best time for it to be done. 😜👍

Lockers are the most effective of the mods you can make for wheeling your rig. I drove mine stock from 97 to 2010 (13 years). I got very good at wheeling without lockers during that time. I added lockers in 2010 and I have never used my winch to get myself unstuck since then. They are almost like magic they work so well but make sure you watch videos about how / why / when to use them.
Not only do lockers help you get where you want to do with ease they also help save the trails by not needlessly spinning tires and chewing up that ground. Instead, you flip that magic switch and slowly and safely crawl away. 👍

Small clip I made of the desert trip in Fayoum, its my First video editing as well.

Last edited:
Got a great deal on 17" Icons from 4WP during black friday and had bought some '21 jeep rubicon wheels and tires of FB market with 10k miles for only 600 bucks. Sold the wheels for 300 bucks, so all in all not too shabby for fairly new 285 KO2s. The old 31s were Kendra mud tires, holy crap they are loud. It is so quiet now with the KO2s and going from load range E to C, I coast a lot better as well. Curious to see if my MPGs increase.
And a quick wash.

View attachment 3221221View attachment 3221222
Are those SLEE front and rear bumper as well as rock sliders?

Been slowly redoing just about every bushing/ fixing oil leaks installed 4.88’s desmog tune up and some more odd n ends over the last year or so since I convinced my dad to let me have the cruiser the one thing I wanted to do was get it painted until I saw how much just a basic one was. And really just the hood and passenger fender are a little daded from who ever removed the under hood heat insulation which I installed some stuff. I came up with a design to have the hood wrapped instead which I finally got done this last weekend… Thought it came out pretty good.

What do you all think?

View attachment 3221631

"ol' reliable" scrawled across the hood is going to jinx you. Don't say I didn't warn you!

The reason she has the patience to do this is that she's a high school teacher...ask me I know! 😁 Did she wrap over the existing leather or take the old stuff off? The price of those covers is nice! Thanks for the link. I am going to Thailand for 3 months so this would be the best time for it to be done. 😜👍

Goes over the original cover which is great as it gives you a more modern feel of a thicker steering wheel.

One of my injectors is starting to leak. So removed injectors for blue print, clean, flow and balanced @ RC Engineering. They came back looking like new.
View attachment 3222008
View attachment 3222007
These look great! How were the test results?

Sending mine is is on my project list. I picked up a used set out of the same year LC that I'll send in for testing and cleaning in the summer. Then I'll swap them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom