Prado Multi Information Gauge (Inclinometer/ Compass) Installed in 80 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has installed one of these (see picture) Prado gauges in an 80 series. I'm sure there are many sensors that would need to be acquired for it to function in addition to lots of custom wiring that would be done to make the Prado harness connect to the 80 harness— very difficult I'm sure, but is it possible? Wondering if anyone has tried it. Thanks in advance!
s-l1600.jpg

How many connections are in the plug? There's nothing magical about pitch, roll, or a compass. I've never looked into that cluster but I'd be willing to bet it's self-contained, just needs power, unless that center screen does something fancy.

How many connections are in the plug? There's nothing magical about pitch, roll, or a compass. I've never looked into that cluster but I'd be willing to bet it's self-contained, just needs power, unless that center screen does something fancy.
That's a good point, it would be great if a lot of it is self contained. I don't actually have a unit, but I've been wanting to purchase and install one for years. I know there's also a thermometer, barometer, and average speed modes, so I'm sure there are connections and sensors needed for those, but I suppose that could be all.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Very nice! Any chance these or the analog versions could fit into the ceiling-mount alt/compass space on an HDJ?

Very nice! Any chance these or the analog versions could fit into the ceiling-mount alt/compass space on an HDJ?
It’s too big for replace hdj compass

This thing is really coool, looks like the part number is 83290 - 60200. Best best might be to find someone parting out a truck with one and ask for the sensors that go with it to try and wire up the whole thing.

Just great, something else I didn't know I needed...
1673560765755.png

Screenshot_20230117-075244.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom