Better than the j80 most Americans don't know about LC200 base model manual transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The diesel would be more fitting of course with its great bottom end torque.

The HP concern of both is a reasonable one. If we know anything about the 4R, that is not full time 4WD, is that overlanders and off-roaders will easily to build to the point that the 4.0L V6 (1GR-FE) is tepid. Combined with the higher freeway speeds in the states where HP matters.

All better option than the weak 3.5L V6 Taco. They all make it work.

We're probably all just spoiled by the 5.7L.
٢٠٢١٠١١٦_١١٥٨٢٦_080054.jpg
٢٠٢١٠١١٦_١١٥٨٣١_080115.jpg

This the diesel engine. The pictures since 2020 or 2020.

I didn't understand the 4L and taco?

View attachment 3220878View attachment 3220879

This the diesel engine. The pictures since 2020 or 2020.

I didn't understand the 4L and taco?

The Tacoma pickup in the states use to use the same but older 4.0L V6 (1GR-FE). It's now switched to the passenger car grade 3.5L 2GR-FKS V6 making 278 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque. Lots of people complaining about that motor, most of which is due to the weak low end torque.

The Tacoma pickup in the states use to use the same but older 4.0L V6 (1GR-FE). It's now switched to the passenger car grade 3.5L 2GR-FKS V6 making 278 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque. Lots of people complaining about that motor, most of which is due to the weak low end torque.

I can't imagine how low the torque is because using pound feet and I don't understand that.

About the Tacoma and 4runner never liked at all plus Hilux (which is sister of the Tacoma) didn't switch to 3.5 still has the 4.0 V6 and released GR Hilux 😍

I can't imagine how low the torque is because using pound feet and I don't understand that.

About the Tacoma and 4runner never liked at all plus Hilux (which is sister of the Tacoma) didn't switch to 3.5 still has the 4.0 V6 and released GR Hilux 😍

265 lb-ft is about 360 Nm. The other problem is that it is peak. Off idle, it makes very little. People do wish the Tacoma kept the 4.0L.

Blame Toyota. All they'd have to do is certify it for U.S. sale. Shouldn't be a heavy lift since, as you mentioned, we already get the 4.0 and 200 series in other configurations.

Land cruiser 200 base model is lighter weight.
Slow in what? You'll not going to race anyone, for me I prefer it more than 5.7 automatic transmission

You may not race anyone, but getting passed by Suzies mom in a minivan coming back from soccer practice doing 85mph on I-10..... isn't exactly inspiring.

Plus the US LC200 is positioned more of a luxury vehicle and the 4 liter making 270 tq at 6k+ rpm wouldn't exactly support that image either.. and definitely not with a 5sp manual.

You may not race anyone, but getting passed by Suzies mom in a minivan coming back from soccer practice doing 85mph on I-10..... isn't exactly inspiring.

Plus the US LC200 is positioned more of a luxury vehicle and the 4 liter making 270 tq at 6k+ rpm wouldn't exactly support that image either.. and definitely not with a 5sp manual.
Car can exeed 220km what want more for that? While the. Manual transmission it doesn't have speed limiter.

Who said fully loaded isn't available? What I've showed is the entry level that YOU as a american don't know. We do have top term of lc200 which is VXS 5 7 V8 equivalents of ZX in Japan and Australia.

Screenshot_2023-01-16-21-26-57-948-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2023-01-16-21-27-43-272-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
IMG_20230116_213041.jpg
IMG_20230116_213002.jpg
IMG_20230116_212926.jpg

Car can exeed 220km what want more for that? While the. Manual transmission it doesn't have speed limiter.

Who said fully loaded isn't available? What I've showed is the entry level that YOU as a american don't know. We do have top term of lc200 which is VSX 5 7 V8 equivalents of ZX in Japan and Australia.

View attachment 3220985View attachment 3220988View attachment 3220989View attachment 3220990View attachment 3220991

We don't get that one either. The top trim LC with all the fixings in Toyota's arsenal including AHC.

We get it as a Lexus.

so don't advertise and position the LC200/300 as a luxury truck (we have the LX for that) and then strip it down, offer engine and trans choices, and it can hit 80/90mph which is plenty fast for a body on frame off road truck.

so don't advertise and position the LC200/300 as a luxury truck (we have the LX for that) and then strip it down, offer engine and trans choices, and it can hit 80/90mph which is plenty fast for a body on frame off road truck.
Ok then don't blame Toyota when they stopped the land cruiser in usa. I know you have the LX also we do have it plus also it comes with 5.7 or 4.5 diesel
Type 2021 LX450D

The question of 4 liter V6 in US LC is not of top speed per se, but ability easily pass at higher interstate speeds. This particularly becomes evident with 33-34+ KO2s that many of US owners like to run.

Well given the recent rumors, the US market might just have something coming later in the year like you're describing that will slot between a 4R TRD Pro and Sequoia with more focus on offroad than luxury. Get ready for a nice hybrid 4 banger.

The question of 4 liter V6 in US LC is not of top speed per se, but ability easily pass at higher interstate speeds. This particularly becomes evident with 33-34+ KO2s that many of US owners like to run.
Actually I don't understand the meaning of 33-34 KO2s

But maybe I get the idea you mean the response of the car is slower because it's 4.0 and heavy right?

Actually I don't understand the meaning of 33-34 KO2s

But maybe I get the idea you mean the response of the car is slower because it's 4.0 and heavy right?

I was referencing the tire of choice for many off roaders here, which adds additional rotational weight to the vehicle and further diminishes its on road performance.

I don't necessarily mind the engine, but it is gutless lower in the rev range. Having driven a 4Runner which has the same 4 liter with 34" KO2s, it was a turd on the highway.

I'm not so sure that the Toyota engineers, when spending billions on R&D, focus too much on the 20 people that might put 34" tires on their DD/highway 4 runner.

Was said 'turd' re-geared? Also, it IS a body on frame brick with a good bit of drivetrain rotational heft to get up to speed.

However, all of that can be taken care of with a combination of gearing, lighter materials, trimmer body, re-mapped ECU, trans ratios, and tcase ratios.

If they really wanted to.

I love that 4.0….in my old FJ Cruiser and a 4Runner below speeds of 55 mph. I REALLY love my 3UR. The shine would fade fast on that V6 in a 200 here in the states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom