Events/Trails 2023 Pig Party!!!! (1 Viewer)

Weekend Choice and Venue

• 6/23 - 6/25

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • 6/30 - 7/2

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Cedar City Dixie National Park

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • something different

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The way the weather is turning out, location may depend on whats left of the planet o_O. Some great areas may not be accessible or even exist do to flooding, repairs or low snow levels. Just getting around in California alone will be a challenge for a while. I have no idea how other states are holding up.

Some locations have been selected when someone well versed in an area chimes in with a suggestion and others get excited and follow up with the addition of support and other suggested details. An approximate central location allows for more pigs from more states to find excitement in the journey there.:bounce:

So far this group has survived well with a joint effort of suggestions, mutual support and communication. It is still early and suckling pig fever to hit the road has not hit a crescendo yet. As I follow this forum it is obvious that many are preoccupied and knee deep in the thows of preparing their swine for this years travels. My hopes are that it will follow as past years and just materialize as our thirst for the outdoor adventure of a road trip in our most revered form of transportation.:clap:

At the moment, for me, sometime this spring I plan on filling my chariot with pig food and heading out to find the mother load of serenity behind the wheel of my "wet dream machine". If lucky I will also cross paths with other enthusiasts of this group and a pig party will be born.
:cool:

Pig speed to all (if I am even allowed to say that these days. sheesh?)

You mentioned Wyoming. I started looking at options there. Anyone an expert on some Forests around there.

I also saw Cayton Campground is close near Rico. Was looking to see if there was anything more north in CO we could do. I know a lot of the sty is from CO ND it's probably not too interesting to them. I for one love everything I've seen there so far.

I like last year's a lot because the venue was great and the open free camping made logistics easier. Would like something like that again.

The way the weather is turning out, location may depend on whats left of the planet o_O. Some great areas may not be accessible or even exist do to flooding, repairs or low snow levels. Just getting around in California alone will be a challenge for a while. I have no idea how other states are holding up.

Some locations have been selected when someone well versed in an area chimes in with a suggestion and others get excited and follow up with the addition of support and other suggested details. An approximate central location allows for more pigs from more states to find excitement in the journey there.:bounce:

So far this group has survived well with a joint effort of suggestions, mutual support and communication. It is still early and suckling pig fever to hit the road has not hit a crescendo yet. As I follow this forum it is obvious that many are preoccupied and knee deep in the thows of preparing their swine for this years travels. My hopes are that it will follow as past years and just materialize as our thirst for the outdoor adventure of a road trip in our most revered form of transportation.:clap:

At the moment, for me, sometime this spring I plan on filling my chariot with pig food and heading out to find the mother load of serenity behind the wheel of my "wet dream machine". If lucky I will also cross paths with other enthusiasts of this group and a pig party will be born.
:cool:

Pig speed to all (if I am even allowed to say that these days. sheesh?)
Hope you are surviving the rains these days Gordo!

You mentioned Wyoming. I started looking at options there. Anyone an expert on some Forests around there.

I also saw Cayton Campground is close near Rico. Was looking to see if there was anything more north in CO we could do. I know a lot of the sty is from CO ND it's probably not too interesting to them. I for one love everything I've seen there so far.

I like last year's a lot because the venue was great and the open free camping made logistics easier. Would like something like that again.
Cayton might just be closed for the winter, eh?

Wyoming strikes me as a little different - I think a lot of the land is private vs. Federal.

Is Moab unbearably hot in late June, early July? Not in the Pig (more than likely), but we are trying to come out. Moab a few days then ease back through CO to AL.
Typically all you see are Int'l tourists going through there in Jun/Jul/Aug...

Worked out well with help from Mark and John and everybody staying flexible. One of our better campsites and great scenery on our tours.
But happy to let others enjoy the organizing experience.
Carson National Forest was so gorgeous and had a very tranquil vibe. Really enjoyed exploring it all with you guys and my kiddos. Favorite trip of ‘22 by far.

Carson National Forest was so gorgeous and had a very tranquil vibe. Really enjoyed exploring it all with you guys and my kiddos. Favorite trip of ‘22 by far.
I dig @Gordobe ’s perspective on how pig parties naturally materialize. However if we could work on some dates, that’d be helpful for those juggling kids’ summer schedules. Although I know the dates also depend on location and what kind of snow season that particular locale receives.

Does anyone know of any trails around Yellowstone? Been watching the tv series and it looks like beautiful country.

Hope you are surviving the rains these days Gordo!
Our casa is in a safe location, so no issues. Unfortunately, 20 inches of rain in 36 hours along the tops of our mountains caused a lot of areas to get beat up. Massive fast water build up in all the rivers flashed through neighborhoods. Roads in and out of the valley are closed on and off but getting areas cleared day by day. One highway to the east will be out of commission indefinitely, very scenic and fun mountain road to camping and day use areas. Numerous sections of roads washed away.

Last Monday was a peak overflow of the rivers and streams and 5 years to the day that Montecito (my stomping ground) was decimated by 20' high walls of boulders and trees vaporizing any home that was in its path in 3 water ways. Wiped out neighborhoods in less then 30 minutes Fortunately this one was mostly just water.

Thanks for your well wishes.

How about Coeur d'Alene, ID? Never been but heard it is a nice area. Anyone been there?

Ya, we had a lot of power lines and gas line repairs in Montecito after that.

Typical California weather fashion, in drout for ever and then it decides to fix it in 1 event. Be nice to spread it out over the year so our infrastructure can candle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom