CDL switch help on 1994 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the connector I'm wondering about right now.. Was this sort of above the steering column harness connectors, like way up there?
No, this connector should be in the middle of the dash. If you take out the blanks where the switch will go it should be back there somewhere. The connector is white with a jumper connector plugged into it but it's wrapped in grey foam making it harder to see. Once you add the CDL switch you will need to remove pin 7 from the t-case model in the left side of the driver's kick panel. This is also call the 7 pin mod if you search, but more accurately this should be called pin 7 mod.

No, this connector should be in the middle of the dash. If you take out the blanks where the switch will go it should be back there somewhere. The connector is white with a jumper connector plugged into it but it's wrapped in grey foam making it harder to see. Once you add the CDL switch you will need to remove pin 7 from the t-case model in the left side of the driver's kick panel. This is also call the 7 pin mod if you search, but more accurately this should be called pin 7 mod.
Nice, thanks. I will do that when I wrap up this climate control auto/manual swap. Turns out the plug I found which someone mentioned has several jumpers - may be integral to the climate wiring differences. Thanks!

Does anyone have a good pic of which wires were connected by the "jumper" that was in place. I was in the process of installing the cdl switch, Among a bunch of other mods. Forgot to put the jumper back on. Meanwhile drove the truck to Arkansas. Put her in 4 low to come down a steep slick hill. And now can't get the center diff to unlock. Thinking the removed jumpers are most likely the issue.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a good pic of which wires were connected by the "jumper" that was in place. I was in the process of installing the cdl switch, Among a bunch of other mods. Forgot to put the jumper back on. Meanwhile drove the truck to Arkansas. Put her in 4 low to come down a steep slick hill. And now can't get the center diff to unlock. Thinking the removed jumpers are most likely the issue.
Was able to look at the pics in this thread. Made a jumper, drove 10 feet and it unlocked.
:) thanks MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom