What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had a neighbor make me some brackets to mount some fog lights to the frame so I wouldn't need to cut anything or drill any holes. I think I need bigger lights! And yes I am painting them. This was just to test the fit.

IMG_6295.JPG

IMG_6294.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

Fins 'N Things and Hell's Revenge. Also Long Canyon and Baby Lion's back. 100 did great. Have been considering a rear locker but the A-TRAC did well. I've got a locked 80 at home if I really wanna run lockers out here.

BE225B89-C04A-432D-BC6C-4B5595D2704A.jpeg

Last edited:
Replaced a clock spring in vain- the noise is something else. Also replaced the ignition camshaft thingy as it’s supposedly an accident waiting to happen- only to find out the factory one is already beefed up in 2004 models.

View attachment 3220352

Was going to change pcv and some hoses today. But half the grommet fell into to the hole and it’s not recoverable 😞. Really don’t want to pull the valve cover gasket off as I just did them about 5k miles ago
Don't worry abt it too much, the valve cover has internal baffle, so the grommet won't find its way into the engine. Put the new grommet in and enjoy!

I used it for it’s intended purpose. It was… a weekend at Windrock. I managed to finish trail 22 right before conditions got really slick, and then got stuck after going back and trying to help winch my buddies behind (one of them with bad brakes and a non-op winch) out. On trail all night. But we all finally got out and learned some stuff. Recovery practice, I guess?

The last pic is because the truck did what I want it to always do- drive home after putting up with my crap. And make my wife’s GX look extra pretty.

6B52A642-A256-4A7B-9FB8-D61A015D0546.jpeg

ADD6E5D6-10F6-43D6-9E84-079CF7AAD37C.jpeg

B42B23D1-FB1E-4FAD-9A43-811F412E6F33.jpeg

3FBB426B-5B89-40B0-99F4-278BEAD7B7E8.jpeg

View attachment 3220352

Was going to change pcv and some hoses today. But half the grommet fell into to the hole and it’s not recoverable 😞. Really don’t want to pull the valve cover gasket off as I just did them about 5k miles ago
I wouldn’t worry about it. Same thing happened to me. There’s a shelf thing in there that keeps it from falling into the engine

Like the mic connector in the console- nice touch.

Fwiw- I’ve got my MXT 275 in the same place- and it gets HOT if your using the radio a lot- keep an eye on it- position the heat sink so there’s air flow around it-
80mm noctua pc fan could help alleviate the heating issue and they’re known to be one of the quietest fans on the market

Back in 2021 I bought some stock headlights that had been retrofitted with Morimoto HID's from @TnTnola. Despite the awesome packing job one headlight arrived with a broken tab. I finally got around to buying a plastic welder to reattach the tab and installed the headlights!

I also installed Stedi LED high beam bulbs to complement the Morimoto projectors. And for fun I installed amber LEDs in those parking lights in the edge of the headlights. In the 7 years I've owned this cruiser those lights have never worked.

Replaced the Xprite fog lights I had with Stedi fog lights designed for the ARB deluxe bumper. Also replaced the ARB turn signal housing with some flush mount white LED flood lights that come on with the spots.

PXL_20230114_214549463.jpg

20230115_173304-ANIMATION.gif

Finally, the 100 has decent headlights. The old oil lamps were long past their prime.
PXL_20230116_001313808.jpg

Spend whole day Saturday to change the timing belt by myself. and new Radiator

After all the assembly, I have three extra bolts:bang::bang::bang::cry::cry::cry:

But the car runs and drives fine, I will just pretend those three extra bolts are not from my cruiser.:confused::confused:

Spend whole day Saturday to change the timing belt by myself. and new Radiator

After all the assembly, I have three extra bolts:bang::bang::bang::cry::cry::cry:

But the car runs and drives fine, I will just pretend those three extra bolts are not from my cruiser.:confused::confused:
Uh oh. You got a picture of the bolts?

80mm noctua pc fan could help alleviate the heating issue and they’re known to be one of the quietest fans on the market
I had considered a pc fan mounted in the back of the armrest console where the rear audio controls are. Thanks for the size and make suggestion. Would you recommend mounting on the MXT or as an exhaust fan?

Last trip to CO I had been on the radio all day and noticed the left side of the arm rest console was abnormally hot- very hot- due to the MXT-

I had considered a pc fan mounted in the back of the armrest console where the rear audio controls are. Thanks for the size and make suggestion. Would you recommend mounting on the MXT or as an exhaust fan?

Last trip to CO I had been on the radio all day and noticed the left side of the arm rest console was abnormally hot- very hot- due to the MXT-
I'd do it as an exhaust fan and see how it goes

Replaced the two heater tees in my 1998 LC. The hot side fell apart as I removed the clamps. Thanks to all who have posted their knowledge on this issue over the years!

I used it for it’s intended purpose. It was… a weekend at Windrock. I managed to finish trail 22 right before conditions got really slick, and then got stuck after going back and trying to help winch my buddies behind (one of them with bad brakes and a non-op winch) out. On trail all night. But we all finally got out and learned some stuff. Recovery practice, I guess?

The last pic is because the truck did what I want it to always do- drive home after putting up with my crap. And make my wife’s GX look extra pretty.

View attachment 3220498

View attachment 3220499

View attachment 3220500

View attachment 3220501
what wheels are on you running? looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom