Events/Trails Valentine's Trail Ride - Feb 4th 2023 (1 Viewer)

Which weekend works for you?

• Feb 4th

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Feb 11th

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Feb 18th

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does it involve a 5th gen :rofl:
I'm going to assume @1MOA is talking about the Rav4... although, the Rav4 likely made it off the mountain without a flatbed. 😵‍💫

Since I unfortunately had to miss the party, was there any discussion or further thoughts on a day for this? I'm out of town now on February 4th (which means I'll miss the meeting on the 1st as well, and busy at work on the 11th due to Super Bowl Sunday on the 12th, but may still be able to make that happen...18th is clear for me so far.

I really can't complain as good friends just bought a place in Salida, CO this past spring and was where I made a pit stop for a few days with my 80 after picking up in AZ over the summer. They want my wife and me to "catch a ride" on their private charter jet with them on 1/28 from BWI to hang out with them at their place on 50 acres at 9200 feet...we'd return on 2/4. Next trip with them is to the time share in Bermuda from the end of Feb until March 7th, again to hitch a ride on the private ride. Last trip with them is in August to their condos in downtown Nashville for the Music City Indy GP in August, they already picked up VIP tics for us to stay and hang with them. Now I'm just hoping to hit the $1.1B tonight so I can reciprocate a bit as some good fish dip and teaching them how to change the oil on the generator seems to come up just a bit short...o_O

Since I unfortunately had to miss the party, was there any discussion or further thoughts on a day for this? I'm out of town now on February 4th (which means I'll miss the meeting on the 1st as well, and busy at work on the 11th due to Super Bowl Sunday on the 12th, but may still be able to make that happen...18th is clear for me so far.

I really can't complain as good friends just bought a place in Salida, CO this past spring and was where I made a pit stop for a few days with my 80 after picking up in AZ over the summer. They want my wife and me to "catch a ride" on their private charter jet with them on 1/28 from BWI to hang out with them at their place on 50 acres at 9200 feet...we'd return on 2/4. Next trip with them is to the time share in Bermuda from the end of Feb until March 7th, again to hitch a ride on the private ride. Last trip with them is in August to their condos in downtown Nashville for the Music City Indy GP in August, they already picked up VIP tics for us to stay and hang with them. Now I'm just hoping to hit the $1.1B tonight so I can reciprocate a bit as some good fish dip and teaching them how to change the oil on the generator seems to come up just a bit short...o_O
Must be rough having to have friends like that 😂

Must be rough having to have friends like that 😂
They are one of a kind for sure...super nice and extremely down to earth. For his retirement as a pediatrician, he decided to start a bison farm this summer at his property in Davidsonville (near Annapolis) with about 60 head at the moment.

For cruiser content, he was excited to take me to his new neighbor's place in Salida to show me his project that was 3 years in the making....

The owner of this one's brother-in-law about a mile further down the "hill" did one too, but went more resto-mod with it and has a V-8....that one sees a little more action in the CO snow.

Sounds like you have the right kind of friends.

If your friends want to adopt a 49 year old kid, I’m available!!!

I'd prefer 4th or 18th too. Probably committed to a party for supper bowl.

BREAK BREAK

What's this crew's trail comm plan? I'm looking to get a gmrs now that my truck is resto'd and ready for some action this spring. Probably a handled first, to gauge whether I need to splurge on a fixed set up. Any recommendations?

I'd prefer 4th or 18th too. Probably committed to a party for supper bowl.

BREAK BREAK

What's this crew's trail comm plan? I'm looking to get a gmrs now that my truck is resto'd and ready for some action this spring. Probably a handled first, to gauge whether I need to splurge on a fixed set up. Any recommendations?

Get your ham radio license and a 2M radio.

baby steps... 😬
It’s really easy. There are several online study guides and classes. I’ve had my license for a good while. I’m finally going to upgrade to general next month. It’s also very interesting once you start learning about it. I’m trying to learn more now and get a deeper understanding of communications in n general. All that said….. you can get a good GMRS mobile radio like a mxt500 or 575 and have far superior capabilities than CB or a portable. Portables work too though. As I build out my Tacoma I’ll probably run 2 radios. A dedicated GMRS and a dual band radio.

Trail ride is going to happen on Feb 4th.

Please post up if you're going and if you plan on just showing up for the day or weekend. I will update the first post as people respond to have a roster along with more trail info, meet up location and all

I am in for the fourth. Alright to bring a friend with a 5th Gen 4Runner?

Also, what do you mean for the weekend? Are we doing trails Sunday? Not sure if I will head down Friday evening or early Saturday morning.

I'm good for the 4th. Booked in the village inn Fri night. Looking forward to it

Bummer for me...I'm out for Feb 4th but understand that it's the choice of most of the group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom