Official LX570s Picture Thread (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great work! Have you made something similar for the front? Also, are these rear pieces available for able order?
Thanks! Not for the front, yet. With the size of the tubes the bumper sucks to ship. I may make something that is easier to ship and doesn't require welding tubes together.

Did you happen to trim your front fenders?

Oh yeah, a ton. The first 2 are the early pics, ended up cutting more before I was done. The Dissent aluminum bumper wings were cut and shortened about 2” as well.

F83BD533-70BE-4117-BBF7-4397A5F5C192.jpeg

AFBF3406-E986-4216-8673-3C45F41270AC.jpeg

C3645B6F-1C18-42FE-8739-A446468AD19A.jpeg

Thanks! Not for the front, yet. With the size of the tubes the bumper sucks to ship. I may make something that is easier to ship and doesn't require welding tubes together.
Please keep me posted. I would be very interested in both this rear and a front piece, if you made something similar.

I randomly ran into a fellow mudder at Big Bend National Park!

I had seen the modified truck earlier in the week, but didn’t recognize his rig. On the way home, I decided to stop at the visitor’s center to check all the trailer chains and saw him again!

Conversation went something like,
Me: “hey bro, is that kinda like a Land Cruiser??”
We introduce with our real names and pleasantries.

Me: “are you on mud? I’m Radman”
Him: “yea, I’m ‘x’ “
Both: “holy crap, I know who you are!!” And we bro out until the wives make us stop talking and leave.

I’m not going to name him yet in case he doesn’t want the world to know where he is, but iykyk 😉

447FC2A7-6E9B-4742-AC14-1BD88D633C2F.jpeg

025AD315-62C4-4CD1-B6E8-CB08B3547BE2.jpeg

Last edited:
I randomly ran into a fellow mudder at Big Bend National Park!

I had seen the modified truck earlier in the week, but didn’t recognize his rig. On the way home, I decided to stop at the visitor’s center to check all the trailer chains and saw him again!

Conversation went something like,
Me: “hey bro, is that kinda like a Land Cruiser??”
We introduce with our real names and pleasantries.

Me: “are you on mud? I’m Radman”
Him: “yea, I’m ‘x’ “
Both: “holy crap, I know who you are!!” And we bro out until the wives make us stop talking and leave.

I’m not going to name him yet in case he doesn’t want the world to know where he is, but iykyk 😉

View attachment 3209399

View attachment 3209400

Only a couple of the finest built LXs conveniently bumping into each other. 👌

normal height, kenda skinny 35’s on 15 offset

FF9AAA16-8BAA-445C-B9D6-205B064A3EEC.jpeg

Do you have extended bump stops?
Nope. I need to move my front wheel well liners up a bit as, under full compression (normal height), there appears to be a bit of rub.

The tires stay inside the fenders though so I’m not too worried about it at this time.

FA8E7DEA-C8B0-4194-9F3D-E3F277FC411F.jpeg

82457B7F-25E0-42CA-AAFE-747970F325E2.jpeg

F60458BD-178A-4C45-AE49-34064AC300EF.jpeg

Nope. I need to move my front wheel well liners up a bit as, under full compression (normal height), there appears to be a bit of rub.

The tires stay inside the fenders though so I’m not too worried about it at this time.

View attachment 3220304

View attachment 3220311

View attachment 3220312

There's a super easy 10 minute hack for more upward clearance.

In the top picture where you show the plastic clip and liner. Take the clip out. Stack the liner over instead of under the metal fender tab. With your fingers, you should be able to bend the metal tab up further.

That's it. No need to put the clip back which eats up clearance itself. This should hold the liner up that much higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom