For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

2015 Land Cruiser, Magnetic Gray Metallic/Black interior, immaculate, fully serviced, no rust, 140K miles.. $36,900 (original used list price was $39,995)

I've been watching the same year LXs for a while now. I've not seen one I want (white, no rust, well cared for, 50-75k miles) go for less than $45k until very recently. If you aren't as picky as I am, $40k seems possible now.

IMO, the general car market has been contracting for a few months now at wholesale. I don't think the retail prices have digested that fully yet, and I don't see the slide stopping any time soon. So, no harm in letting this play out a while longer. I'd bet another $5k falls out this year.

There is a balancing act though. Nobody is mothballing these as a collector car, so every year there are fewer nice cars left.

Yeah that's the reason I'm in the market now. Prices have dropped enough for me since the 2021-2022 highs, and I'm ready to jump on a very nice and clean one.

I'm looking at upgrading my gx470 to a LX.
Found a clean, rust free 2009 LX with 117k miles and good maintenance history. Front seats are just starting to show some cracking, leather looks better than some from that age I've seen. Tires are 80% life left. What would you pay for it? Blue book value is $20-23.5k

Found a clean, rust free 2009 LX with 117k miles and good maintenance history. Front seats are just starting to show some cracking, leather looks better than some from that age I've seen. Tires are 80% life left. What would you pay for it? Blue book value is $20-23.5k
They're listing those at dealerships around me for between $26K-30K.... and I'm in the salt belt. With everything you said about it I would pay $24K... and $25K for a Black/Black or White/Black. Just my opinion, although it does not have the bluetooth update which most people like to go for 2010+

25-29k seems fair. The maintenance History is going to determine the price. The 120k mile maintenance is pretty much do. If that is done I would pay more. How many owners? How many wrecks?
To keep things in perspective, Look what it costs to get into a used dodge journey

1673903715875.png

Haven't seen anything saying an actual cruiser is coming to the states. Just a bunch of PR stuff saying, "the Land Cruiser nameplate may come back". Expect it would only be in a hybrid drive train similar to the Sequoia.

There's a thread in the 300 series section that gets into it. No concrete proof but pretty good insights.

Looking at a 2013, 117k miles, White w/ black interior, from pics it looks very clean. It is at a Lexus Dealer, they are asking $36,500. Some service history is totally missing. From 60k to 111k there is nothing. Nothing on Lexus site, nothing on Carfax. Not to say they did not do the oil changes themselves over that 60k period of time but who knows??? Dealer did some interior work to the leather as well as some touch up to rear bumper. Cannot tell anything had been touched, they did a good job. Thoughts???

Looking at a 2013, 117k miles, White w/ black interior, from pics it looks very clean. It is at a Lexus Dealer, they are asking $36,500. Some service history is totally missing. From 60k to 111k there is nothing. Nothing on Lexus site, nothing on Carfax. Not to say they did not do the oil changes themselves over that 60k period of time but who knows??? Dealer did some interior work to the leather as well as some touch up to rear bumper. Cannot tell anything had been touched, they did a good job. Thoughts???
trade in value is 25-28k depending on condition. I'd target a price of 30k. According to JD Power the avg price paid for that year and miles is 30.5k.

There's a 08 LX in Cincinnati with 78k miles asking $28.6k. It's a 1 owner from New York. Thoughts on the rust?

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 8.31.26 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 8.33.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 8.34.55 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 8.35.51 AM.png

I put a refundable deposit on a 16' LX with 61k miles, every option I believe, and it has a fresh L-certified badge (2yrs/20k maintenance and 2yrs/unlimited miles extended warranty) for $55.5k. Thoughts from those also on the hunt?

There is a white 2018 with 74k miles FS with an asking price of 63,500. 2 owners, always in TX, no accidents, no rear entertainment, and has great service history (always serviced at a toyota dealership). KBB places this at 56.5k for trade in and 58.5k for private party. Good signs ahead for those who are waiting. I think it's crazy to pay a mileage premium for a LC.

I saw this 2008 LC popup with 394K miles for $22,995. Single owner with full service history, mainly at the same Toyota dealer. Is it crazy to look at one with this high of mileage?

I saw this 2008 LC popup with 394K miles for $22,995. Single owner with full service history, mainly at the same Toyota dealer. Is it crazy to look at one with this high of mileage?

Crazy to look at? No. Crazy to buy? 100%.

There's simply no upside for you. It's never going to be worth more than it currently is, and any maintenance you perform will all be a sunk cost. It looks like either someone took care of it or reconditioned it, as there's little chance many of those interior pieces, like the steering wheel, shift, knob, door pulls, etc., are original unless the one-owner dressed in bubble wrap every time they entered the truck. If you're local, go peep it out for curiosity's sake. The radiator looks to have been replaced at some point but not with the updated style many are hopeful of lasting longer than the OG version. There's going to be a bunch of bits underneath that might warrant replacing if you're particular, pretty much anything made of rubber. And then there's the $5k question of how the timing chain ancillaries are doing with advanced mileage. There's a price I'd buy it at, but it's far from that ask. And full disclosure, I make terrible purchase decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom