Second Chance FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here she sits. She wants me to fire her up.
A7CEA360-3B7D-4AFD-B5D4-FD1AFF98999A.jpeg

Is your throttle wide open when cranking? If not, then you can probably get more thsn 120 psi with it open.

I hooked up the coil and dizzy but I’m not getting a spark. Should have time to mess with it tomorrow. If not I’ll just wait for the pertronix and try again. I plan to do all the regasketing and engine painting with it in the frame as I don’t own a engine stand and it should not be super difficult sitting in the wide open frame.

The 74 Aisins are silver under the layers of paint. The 83 ASCOs off the donor mini truck axle are blue. I may stick with the blue.

Tag him @65swb45 but usually the best way it to call him
Thanks for the tag @firemanj92 . Yes I am still rebuilding carbs. It seems almost daily right now. Here’s a ‘74 I just finished on Friday and put in stock.
B25947B0-6705-42FD-BEAA-21885AA43B28.jpeg

As always, best to leave a voicemail at the shop to followup.

Did a little work on the hubs from the donor axle. Wouldn’t you know it would start raining as soon as I sprayed them. Oh well. I can spray them again. These will go back with new hardware as well.
EE4573C4-51D3-4DF6-8470-DCDE11E61902.jpeg
86E39598-0CFF-420E-A0CA-290B4031D17C.jpeg
90A85D56-4F99-4EDB-801A-D6C1911CA28A.jpeg

D09F0BD9-EECF-4B3D-9AE9-518FCFAA6E30.jpeg

Your battery appears a bit weak 😂.

Your battery appears a bit weak 😂.
Yeah that was still using jumper cables. I was trying to avoid taking the battery out of my 80. After this video I pulled the battery and hooked it up with proper leads and it turns over much better. Not sure my oil pump is doing its thing though. That’s the next thing to verify before I fire it up again.

Progress is slow but progress is being made got the timing cover and front seal done, painted about half the block, replaced some old heli-coils in the head. Will finish the engine paint and reseal next weekend. Had to work on everything from toilets to my wife’s sequoia and the Honda 300 these past couple weeks so not much cruiser time. It’s killing me to move this slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom