. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

👍👍 for manning up to what was probably a stoopid spur-of-the-moment decision … 👎👎 for doing it on an interweb forum where insurance adjusters may just be lurking - hope you haven’t posted any identifiable pics on here in the past 😳

Totaled this time?

Btw, does it mean your ABS was not working? Or was it pushed beyond its limit (45mph in rain)?

Once I was pretty buzzed and walking home. Tried to do that little thing where you jump and click your heels together but it didn't work and I just fell over.

Trials and tribulations.

Ignoring the bad decisions part of this; curious why she spun. Usually a spin happens if the rear locks but the front doesn’t.
Were you on a curve when you locked the brakes? Did ABS not fire at all? Did it fire just on the front axle but not the rear? Old tires that just hydroplaned?

I brake check in a parking lot occasionally, just to make sure ABS is in good nick. So far still holding up at 210k but I feel like it’s time to start keeping an eye on it.

FWIW, I wouldn’t do that sh*t buzzed. Takes 1/2-1 sec off of your reaction time, which means the truck is already well into rotation before you can wake up and try to catch it. When you are 19 and high twitch you have a shot at it, but when you hit 30? times change and you have to recognize. Physics is hot, but man she’s a crazy cold bitch too.

Ignoring the bad decisions part of this; curious why she spun. Usually a spin happens if the rear locks but the front doesn’t.
Were you on a curve when you locked the brakes? Did ABS not fire at all? Did it fire just on the front axle but not the rear? Old tires that just hydroplaned?

I brake check in a parking lot occasionally, just to make sure ABS is in good nick. So far still holding up at 210k but I feel like it’s time to start keeping an eye on it.

FWIW, I wouldn’t do that sh*t buzzed. Takes 1/2-1 sec off of your reaction time, which means the truck is already well into rotation before you can wake up and try to catch it. When you are 19 and high twitch you have a shot at it, but when you hit 30? times change and you have to recognize. Physics is hot, but man she’s a crazy cold bitch too.

You can't ignore the bad decision part of this. Nothing wrong with the truck. He was driving home drunk, in the rain and jammed the brakes on. OP is lucky he's not in jail, dead or someone else dead. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be learning the lesson here...

Not hating on the OP, we've all made poor decisions before. Just pointing out the fact of the case as I see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom