Anyone got a big trip planned for 2023? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious what big trips you may have planned this year for you and your 200. I have a few things planned but the biggest is a Seattle to Radisson, QC fishing trip up the James Bay Rd. No interstates or highways. I plan to hit all the native Cree villages as well. Should be an interesting drive. I plan to be gone 3 months.

Just curious what big trips you may have planned this year for you and your 200. I have a few things planned but the biggest is a Seattle to Radisson, QC fishing trip up the James Bay Rd. No interstates or highways. I plan to hit all the native Cree villages as well. Should be an interesting drive. I plan to be gone 3 months.
Will you post a trip report?

I’d like to get to Colorado this summer since we didn’t last year but who knows what will be on the schedule by then.

Our annual fall trip to Seaside(30a) Florida and possibly Yellowstone over the summer

Heck yeah we do, my wife and I have been all up in Gaia, google maps, and a very fruitful PM on this forum.

3 weeks GA -> WY. Spending as much time in WY off pavement as possible . The wife and I and our 6 and 7 year old boys.

Anyone who wants to make any suggestions feel free to do so here or via PM. We leave in June.
7C17CE97-16B8-4E60-9E15-F0FD864D1325.jpeg

Yup, I’m already planning LC and camper trailer prep for a 15 state, 6000 mile trip starting in late August. We like to camp/travel when the crowds have thinned out to a dull roar. Michigan to the west coast and back, including lots of time in CO, UT, OR, and CA. The LC is getting a bunch of maintenance as well as brakes, battery, and rear shocks. I’m exploring replacing the obscenely noisy roof air conditioner on the camper with a mini-split heat pump for both heat and A/C. We hope to be camping at Utah’s Cedar Breaks National Monument in mid-September for our anniversary, where my wife was working when we decided to get married 49 (!!) years ago.

Just picked up a Mission Overland trailer about a month ago, after a 2 week shakedown, we are now prepping for several multi week trips for 2023. The wife and I are from Alaska and haven't been back in a few years, so we'll likely head up there for a large 4-6 week block with plenty of time spent in Canada along the way.

In addition to all my local fishing/camping trips in Montana, I have a 14-day Wyoming trip planned for early July. I'll take my Teardrop Trailer and a couple of friends will join me in their trailers as well. All campsites and guides have been booked already. For anyone heading out, it's not too early to start planning and locking things down.

Just picked up a Mission Overland trailer about a month ago, after a 2 week shakedown, we are now prepping for several multi week trips for 2023. The wife and I are from Alaska and haven't been back in a few years, so we'll likely head up there for a large 4-6 week block with plenty of time spent in Canada along the way.

If you'll be passing through BC's Okanagan region, feel free to message me for suggestions of places to camp/see.

Perhaps best suited for another thread, but who has planned and executed a “big trip”? Any tips for people just getting into overlanding?

I am in Virginia and want to explore what a couple week trip to Mississippi would look like as I want to visit a friend there at some point this year anyway. Might as well make it a fun trip

Just do it. Don't get hung up on the need for fancy gadgets and gear for your vehicle. Fill the fuel tank and get out there and start exploring.
That’s exactly what I did. Stock I took the LX through a local Jeep badge of honor trail. Second time doing it I got a flat which was justification for wheels and 35s.

I am good with the sleeping bag I can use in the back of the LX and a borrowed Starlink for work. Have a full size spare and the trax boards, but may get a winch too. Other than that I feel good about the LX after the maintenance items are refreshed.

I wasn’t referencing gadgets as much as I was trip/route planning. Looking forward to really getting out there

Perhaps best suited for another thread, but who has planned and executed a “big trip”? Any tips for people just getting into overlanding?

I am in Virginia and want to explore what a couple week trip to Mississippi would look like as I want to visit a friend there at some point this year anyway. Might as well make it a fun trip
We did our first one this past July into August. 3weeks and 5k miles with a 5 and 6 yr old. We knew the area we wanted to go (New Mexico, Colorado, Utah) and one long off road route we wanted to do, Rim Rocker trail, and then planned around that. We reserved 2 sites on the way out and one on the way back. Every other night was fairly impromptu, it’s not as difficult when your home is hitched to your cruiser.

There are lots of tools at your disposal and this forum is deep with knowledgeable and helpful owners. A lot of the fun is the planning, we make that a family affair and that makes the trip last far longer than those dates you take off work.

3500 mile round trip to the Grand Canyon in March with the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom