Toyota Heritage Parts Request Survey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bumping this. What parts do you want to see Toyota reproduce for the 60 Series? Keep in mind their offerings will likely be limited, like with the 40 Series program. They can’t make everyrhing. Can we do a little crowdsourced sampling of everybody’s top three parts?

I did an informal survey like this on Instagram and I’ll share the results after a few days.

My goal here is to get some organization happening. I commented on another thread that Toyota is likely receiving wild requests for every little bit and bolt. I think we can harness the power of Mud and slam Toyota with requests for certain key parts en masse. If they see a couple hundred requests for the same part they might straighten up in their seats and pay attention to that.

I’m happy to provide part number references if we can reach a quorum on a few things. That may also help sway them: “These folks know what they’re talking about and know what they need!”

Remember these requests are for NLA parts! Here’s my top three:
1. Body panels (F & R fenders mainly)
2. Dash
3. Igniter

Yeah this is a tough one because you know they aren’t going to bring back major assemblies like a complete carburetor or likely even carburetor parts. Long block is also definitely out.
The guys needing smog equipment could benefit with new EGR valves and those would be easy to bring back - and maybe if the gods are generous- a new complete distributor assembly (with igniter).

Body mounts. Leaf Springs. Mud Flaps. Dash caps. Seat covers. Fender panels/door skins.

Yeah this is a tough one because you know they aren’t going to bring back major assemblies like a complete carburetor or likely even carburetor parts. Long block is also definitely out.
The guys needing smog equipment could benefit with new EGR valves and those would be easy to bring back - and maybe if the gods are generous- a new complete distributor assembly (with igniter).
They are making the brake master cylinder for the 40 so there's hope that they'll make some assemblies. I can understand that a carb might be quite a bit more complex than a master cylinder though. But hey, I can dream!

Body mounts. Leaf Springs. Mud Flaps. Dash caps. Seat covers. Fender panels/door skins.
Body mount brackets that you can weld on? or just the bushings? Bushings are available aftermarket in many sizes and from a bunch of places.

@cruiseroutfit had OEM-spec springs made and they just hit the market. For all the folks that want the original wagon feel.

What is it we NEED?

Keep in mind, this is aimed at things that make the vehicle stop, start, run and turn. And, it's not parts we are soon to see in the US market rather JDM offerings that happen to fit ;)

Keep in mind, this is aimed at things that make the vehicle stop, start, run and turn. And, it's not parts we are soon to see in the US market rather JDM offerings that happen to fit ;)
As always, great insight. You probably know more about this than any of us do. Certainly there's a commonality for many parts. Hopefully Toyota satisfies the JDM market in a way that helps out NA, Aus, CA, Europe, etc.

As always, great insight. You probably know more about this than any of us do. Certainly there's a commonality for many parts. Hopefully Toyota satisfies the JDM market in a way that helps out NA, Aus, CA, Europe, etc.
If theyre available in japan... we can get them here. Just saying.

If theyre available in japan... we can get them here. Just saying.
I think Kurt's point was that the program is aimed at the Japanese market. I'm sure there are a lot of parts NLA on JDM trucks that are not part of the US-market FJ60. Perhaps I'm reading him wrong here.

That Toyota heritage parts website is in English. If this bring-parts-back-from-the-dead incentive was for the Japanese market only — the website wouldn’t be in English.

That Toyota heritage parts website is in English. If this bring-parts-back-from-the-dead incentive was for the Japanese market only — the website wouldn’t be in English.

I hope I’m wrong. Car and 40 Series parts have been available for 6-12+ months, some already sold-out. None (including those parts that did fit US spec vehicles) ever made it to the US parts system. Every GRH part number I have, was bought from JDM market. I’m happy to ask the project leads Koyarisan & Tanakasan. It kay have changed in the last couple months. This project has been rolling for 2 years now (since I got spooled up), I don’t know that they ever planned for the US.

Koyarisan was the one that specifically told me the ‘start, stop, run, turn’. Obviously they swayed a bit on the 40 by changing bulbs and a few other items.

Needs vs. Wants. . . A dilemma!

Not sure how much of a domestic Japanese demand there is for 'heritage' parts but I would guess they are looking at the basics of the vehicle which are largely common between regional platforms. The Japanese market had pretty much all incarnations of the 60, albeit in right-hand drive.

Added non-flared mudguards to the list, weather strips for the swing out rear doors which would be nice to see back. Also the ignition switch and input shaft for the 3B which Toyota accountants decided to stop production of - a nasty move to owners.

Someone correct me if I am wrong… the steering shaft 45201- 36120 is the part in the steering column that cannot have the spider changed? Or is that a different part? I’m getting kinda confused by the diagram and my memory of what the part looks like.

Anyhow, while searching the internet for that part I found this…

The image won’t load for me so I’m not able to confirm this part. It looks like they are already reproducing that steering shaft!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom